Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 09-23-2020, 10:19 AM   #1
Mayao

Distributing trailer load

I read you should load 60% load in the front and 40% in the back. Our trailer has 1 slide (dining set) front of axles. Now each seat has storage below and is a good percentage of available area when loading. I am guessing not much weight should go under the seat storage and should be removed before extending the slide due to the added weight. Am I correct? Any thoughts folks
Retired
Mayao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:35 AM   #2
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayao View Post
I read you should load 60% load in the front and 40% in the back. Our trailer has 1 slide (dining set) front of axles. Now each seat has storage below and is a good percentage of available area when loading. I am guessing not much weight should go under the seat storage and should be removed before extending the slide due to the added weight. Am I correct? Any thoughts folks
There's weight and then there's [B]WEIGHT[B]. Under the seats of our dinette (which is in a slide out) I store bulky, lightweight items. If we are taking say 2 cases of bottled water then I'll place them on the floor until we arrive. Things like chairs go under our bed. We'll also travel with bulky lightweight items like chips/snacks, paper towels, etc. in bags on the dinette seats.

Canned goods (we don't use many) go in the bottom of the pantry and bottled water or an ice chest will go over the axles on the floor. I have a SherLine tongue scale that I use to check if we're adding a lot for an extended trip.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 10:38 AM   #3
BrooksFam

Yes, lighter, bulkier stuff under the dinette seats. No need to remove things like that to deploy the slide.

You should be sure to have the proper tongue weight relative to your TT weight.

I too have a SherLine tongue weight scale.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
EAZ-Lift Recurve R3 #1200

BrooksFam is offline   Reply With Quote