Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 04-19-2020, 10:49 AM   #1

Acadia

We’ve done the Southern Maine thing a few times. With the covid and all else going on in the world we’re thinking this summer heading a little more North. Gonna hit New Brunswick “Kiwanis Oceanfront Camping” and Ive been dying to see the “old sow” in the Bay of Fundy since some campers next to us in NH a few years back raved about it. As for Acadia. I did a search on here and see “timberland acres” a few times but we want to be out on or near the water. So options are the KOA or the Thousand Trails from what I see. We will be traveling w 2/3 40ish foot fifth wheels and a ton of kids. Want full hookups. Not looking to rough it. Any opinions?
336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 11:09 AM   #2
Northofu1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 336 View Post
We’ve done the Southern Maine thing a few times. With the covid and all else going on in the world we’re thinking this summer heading a little more North. Gonna hit New Brunswick “Kiwanis Oceanfront Camping” and Ive been dying to see the “old sow” in the Bay of Fundy since some campers next to us in NH a few years back raved about it. As for Acadia. I did a search on here and see “timberland acres” a few times but we want to be out on or near the water. So options are the KOA or the Thousand Trails from what I see. We will be traveling w 2/3 40ish foot fifth wheels and a ton of kids. Want full hookups. Not looking to rough it. Any opinions?
Serena and I went to NB in 2018. We camped at Kouchibouguac N.P. It is between Miramichi and Shediac Right on the Gulf of St Lawrence. Great FHU's, well treed and grassy spots. Great road / day tripsd to Shediac, Miscou Pointe, gorgeous scenery and history. It is Acadian country for sure. We also stopped in at Fundy N.P., great sites there although not right on the water. Our next stop was Century Farms campground. Also 5er and tt friendly fhu's. Right on the bay, very close to St Martin sea caves (free), quick trip to Hopewell rocks. Pretty close to St John.
It was so nice, we have all the sites booked for this June except Cavendish which was hit by hurricane Dorian last September. We also had Forillon N.P. (Gaspesie, QC) booked as well.

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/nb/kouchibouguac

https://www.pc.gc.ca/en/pn-np/nb/fundy

http://www.centuryfarmcampground.com/

It may be cancelled if this epidemic persists.

Good Luck

2019 GMC SIERRA 2500 HD SLE
2015 Cougar X-Lite 29 RET
Northofu1 is offline   Reply With Quote