Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-15-2019, 04:50 AM   #1
German Shepherd Guy

Talking Shake down/shake out cruise. And how

Our first trip of the year in our new TT. Well, THAT was an experience. First a snowbomb hit the mountains and all the passes were iced over so even though I hate Interstate driving was forced to use Vail Pass and I70. Colorado highways are in terrible condition mostly and this time of year it is even worse so shake out cruise proved prophetic. Near Eagle i hit a LARGE rock and did damage to the left side. Fortune smiled on me though and the rock missed the front stabilizer, then took out the aluminum skirting, bent the brace on the left side slide (but didn't do any damage to the slide itself) then missed taking out the grey water tank #2 drain. All in all a blemish but not a catastrophe. Then when we get to destination looked like a dirt storm had hit the inside of the TT. Yep we "shook out" all the construction debris, at least now the TT truly is clean inside. Set up camp and low the hot water heater will not go on, lights on the #1 slide will not work, lights in the bedroom will not work. Had the rock done unseen damage? Under I go for inspections but find nothing wrong. Also the indicator lamps for battery charge and fresh water/grey/black do not work??? Check the panel and sure enough a fuse had blown. Opps, guess what I wasn't carrying . Unhitch and off to town to find some fuses. Back in a couple of hours, new fuse in and everything is fine. Odd combination on that circuit. Next i notice, (strange I didn't when I de-winterized) The indicator for the grey water two tank is actually telling me how much fresh water I have. The Grey water 1 indicator is actually telling me my black water. Oh those same jokers at the keystone factory who labeled my grey and black water tank valves backwards were still leaving little "jokes" for me to find. I laughed and laughed, and laughed. So this week as the TT is parked I will be finding out which indicator lamps are lighting for which tanks and will then re-wire and and set it right.
The new Goodyears performed flawlessly, the TT as a whole performed well and I will say it towed like a dream. By Sunday coming home all the passes were dry so used Monarch to return to west slope. It is a slow pull out of Denver but sooo much nicer going that way. So far so good, the 26RBPR is proving itself nicely. Too bad about the rock, our "new" TT now looks like a refugee from the oil fields. At least I have "projects" to work on and keep me out of trouble.

Oak

German Shepherd Guy

2018 Keystone 26RBPR
2014 Suburban 2500, 6L with 3.73 rear

German Shepherd Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 05:39 AM   #2
newemptynester

Wow it sounds like an eventful trip. Glad everything seemed to work out for you. Enjoy the rest of the camping season.
newemptynester is offline   Reply With Quote