Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 10-09-2011, 04:12 PM   #1
yankees1

Repairs, Warranty ???

Wow! I have a 2012 Passport 2650bh ordered but after reading all the posts on problems with new trailers and warranty issues, I am having second thoughts on this order! It seems there are quite a few new Keystone owners who feel that Keystone warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Not specifically on the Passport 2650 so maybe this unit has less problems than other models. Any 2650 Passport owners with opinions?
yankees1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:38 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

"The squeaky wheel gets the grease". People that are happy with their trailers are not going to be as vocal as those with problems. I would venture to say that MOST of the members of this forum are happy with their Keystone products. If you have done any research here you will find that the dealer plays a big part in customer satisfaction. I also will say that chances are very good that you and your family will enjoy many years of "Happy Camping" in your new Passport. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 04:52 PM   #3
Handysam

As Hank said, you can visit any of the main camper forums and read mostly of people with problems. To expect not to have any issues or be in need of any warranty work is unrealistic. Like train wrecks, we tend to read the problem posts and not the good ones. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 10-09-2011, 04:57 PM   #4
jq1031

I agree with Hank & Sam, most of us are quite satisfied. Some of the others will most likely complain about anything including sliced bread & hard boiled eggs.
jq1031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 03:53 PM   #5
antiqfreq

We bought ou 2007 fiver new and we have never had ours to any dealer for any warranty work.

Why worry in advance - it is a waste of time and energy !

We are looking to purchase a used car and all you can do if your homework and hope for the best.

Get that camper and get out and enjoy it............

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 05:20 PM   #6
ktmracer

with 1 week left on our 1 yr. warranty, I took our outback to the dealer to ask if they could do anything about the clear coat starting to show small pits on the alloy wheels. A week later 4 brand new wheels showed up as replacements. Needless to say I'm happy with the warranty service! That is the only thing the trailer was back for in 1 year, 7500 miles, and 90 days of camping.

IMHO your dealer is either your best friend or worst enemy when getting warranty work done on your trailer. In my case, and others I know I believe my dealer is in the "best friend" category, they seem to have an "in" with Keystone to get warranty stuff covered promptly and efficiently.

2004 Silverado CC/SB/ 4x4 Duramax
Pace 14' bike hauler with full living quarters
ktmracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
therink

X 2,3 &4. I've had a few issues (resolved during warranty), but I'm a happy camper with my keystone product. All I can say is maintain, maintain, maintain. I'm two years into it. I'm hoping that's all I have to do.
Steve

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 06:27 PM   #8
captbru

In my research I found that Keystone is a good company and gives great customer service. As stated before the dealer play's the most inportant role. We had two minor problems with our new Laredo, we were set up for a long term stay 90miles from the dealer. Instead of having me bring it back to them they sent someone out from the local area. Now that's service, I think you will be happy with the decision.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:37 PM   #9
haffcke

keystone warrenty

Quote:
Originally Posted by yankees1 View Post
Wow! I have a 2012 Passport 2650bh ordered but after reading all the posts on problems with new trailers and warranty issues, I am having second thoughts on this order! It seems there are quite a few new Keystone owners who feel that Keystone warranties aren't worth the paper they are written on. Not specifically on the Passport 2650 so maybe this unit has less problems than other models. Any 2650 Passport owners with opinions?
I'm sure you have picked your new unit by now and i hope your a happy camper, anything you buy new will have a few issues to take care off, but keystone stands behind there products as good as anyone during the warrenty period of 1 yr. and by the way some things like your ref. has a 2 yr. warrenty from the mfg. my unit is 5 mo. past the warrenty period and they are still working on a slide out leak problem that came with my unit, i did purchase the extended warrenty but haven't had to use it yet, hope i never need to. i do keep a close eye on everything from tires to roof knowing stuff happens and do maintenance as need, when i want to go, no surprises. Phil
haffcke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 03:38 PM   #10
jje1960

Warranty

The only warranty issue we have had with the SRX was the bedroom cabinet panels pulling loose, this has happened on other units people have stated, however our dealer took care of it when we had our awning repaired due to storm damage. Frankly feels pretty good to only have one issue and having that taken care of without any hassle. Happy with Keystone product.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:04 PM   #11
Englishman

I think issue are common across all brands the key is to find an good dealer that will to stand behind the product. We have had a couple of issue with our trailer and the dealer has repaired everything without fuss. With that said you need to keep checking your trailer for issue and get them fix as soon as possible as they are only warranted for 12 months.
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:17 PM   #12
SteveC7010

One thing to consider here: Most people that come here to the forum are looking for help with problems. Given the vast number of Keystone products sold every year, most of the owners don't come to the forum if they don't have problems or if they solve them to their satisfaction without seeking help and advice from other Keystone owners.

There are roughly 3,000 registered users here on the forum. I would guess that way over half of them registered, looked around, and haven't come back. There's another large percentage that might post once in a great while, but for the most part, they just read what interests them.

Out of 3,000+ users, roughly 750 have posted more than 3 times since they registered.

So there are a few of us who post frequently. For the most part, we're the ones who like to answer questions and help other folks. You won't hear a lot of problems or criticism from this group. We're problem solvers. We're resourceful. We don't view a single issue with a trailer as a catastrophe. I can't speak for the others, but there a lot of things that can happen to my trailer that I won't even think about taking it back to the dealer to fix. I'd rather fix it myself and know that it was done right.

The people who come here to present problems for solution or information are really a pretty small group compared to the number of Keystone owners.

I participate in quite a few forums on the net, and things seem to be very similar regardless of the topic or interest.

So, are there some problems from time to time with a Keystone product? Sure there are, but there are also a lot more success stories that we never hear.

'11 Cougar 326MKS loaded with mods
'12 Ford F250 SuperCab 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
Amateur Radio: KD2IAT (146.520) GMRS: WQPG808 (462.675 TPL 141.3)
SteveC7010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 04:36 PM   #13
Englishman

First of all i would like to agree with everything Steve said and add one more thing. If you find any issue with your trailer you need troubleshoot the issue the more information that you can provide the better this will make it easier for the Dealer of member of the forum help fix the issue in a speedy manor.
https://thecloudscamping.weebly.com/
Englishman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:48 PM   #14
86GT2r

We purchased a 2012 Passport 2650 BH last June. Took it out to Black Hills in S.D. for a two week trip & numerous local weekend outings. We took it out as much as possible in order to find any problems. After using it all summer I finally had a couple of minor issues that were repaired while it was being winterized. We have had no problems so far.
Enjoy your unit.
---------------------
86GT2r is offline   Reply With Quote