Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 12-14-2017, 06:03 PM   #1
Freeheel4life

I almost blew it

In actuality I did blow it.

Got paid at work yesterday and cashed in on 2 weeks vacation I had banked. Went to the bank and deposited it all. Went to the store for some incidentals and figured "account is flush and there's a sale on market bunch flowers". So I bought 4 bunches, went home and arranged them.
DW arrived home from work and was surprised, which was the goal. She asked me why I got them and I say " because you are the best and I just wanted to do something nice for you" thinking I nailed it. She says "Are you sure that's why you got them?" and gives me THAT look.
Trap was set, I walked right into it. I sit down with a cocktail about a half hour later and realize, IT'S OUR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY. The universe tried to throw me a bone and I blew it.

Lesson learned.
Freeheel4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

Well congrats! Truth be told, both DW and I forget our anniversary for the first 5 years, it was always some other family member that reminded us LOL! 17 years later we don’t bother, just remind each other we are happy with each other.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 07:41 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

OK Hankpage !!! And you thought that I was on the naughty list ????

Well, freeheel4life, you might want to change your forum name to "no longer free, but heel for life YIKES !!!!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2017, 08:10 PM   #4
Freeheel4life

Lol. Turns out day after it's okay. I got a pass because it was flowers on the right day but for the wrong reason. Chuckster called it, she almost forgot but her aunt texted her the day before ( it was 4 years married but together 5).
She is great. Literally saved my life 2 years ago and stayed with me while I was in the hospital for a month and a half, and stuck with me thru the aftermath of PT and all that other fun stuff. Just killed me that I spaced it. Life is just so fast right now. Living vicariously through most of you fellows but keeping the nose to the grindstone.
Old 12-15-2017, 04:47 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

I married a VERY intelligent woman. She set the wedding date for 1 week fore my birthday so I wouldn't forget.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 07:19 AM   #6
KCSA75

I had a friend when I was younger who got married on April Fools Day. Said it would be easy to remember.

"Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it." — Ferris Bueller
KCSA75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 09:31 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

We were married on June 14th. That's "Flag Day" and I was in the Air Force. For the first 3 or 4 years of our marriage, my DW thought that all those flags being displayed every June 14th were to celebrate our anniversary. When I explained, she was a little disappointed that the entire Air Force wasn't as happy about our marriage as we were.

Even now, 50 years later, we still chuckle when we drive down a street lined with Old Glory on June 14th......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote