Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tires, Tires, Tires!
Click Here to Login

Old 08-26-2016, 08:36 AM   #21
B-O-B'03

Is anyone using Greenball tires?

Here is a LINK to a pdf of their ST tires.

Thanks,

-Brian
Old 08-26-2016, 07:18 PM   #22
GT2400BH

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-O-B'03 View Post
Is anyone using Greenball tires?

Here is a LINK to a pdf of their ST tires.

Thanks,

-Brian
Nice speed rating not that advocate towing that fast. Hopefully it makes them more durable.
Old 09-03-2016, 06:14 PM   #23
EVMIII

There are some tire experts on this forum, do lots of reading and follow their advice. I am not one of those experts, but I do know you can compare tires side by side and see a big difference in construction. My keystone came with Trailer King 235x80x16 (load range E) tires. I compared them to the Sailun Trailer Tire.

The Sailun tire weighed twice as much. Lift the Trailer King chest high and drop and you an see the sidewall flex, same thing with the Sailun and no flex. Try standing on the sidewalk of your Trailer King (hint, it will collapse), the Sailun stands sturdy.

That said, the Trailer Kings sell for about $80 each, the Sailuns are almost 3 times as much. With proper inflation and load management many folks get thousands of miles from their trailer kings, but many don't. How much is a sense of security worth? If you do decide to upgrade, be sure your rims are up to the task. Several upgrade tires run 110psi, but not all tins can handle it.

I'm using my TKs for my current closer to home trips, but I will definitely replace next year before heading cross country.

Good luck, safe travels.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:25 PM   #24
CaptnJohn

With over 3500 miles the Trailer King tires that came on my Cougar still looked like new. Never had a problem with them. I just had Carlisle 235/80/R16 LR E installed on the 5er. If the TKs would have fit my boat trailer I would have kept them. Instead the dealer bought all 5.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 06:12 AM   #25
bsmith0404

Pull Toy, I know a lot of people who feel the same way. My dad took my 1 year old Trailer Kings for his 5er after I pulled them off mine. In his defense, his 5er is lighter than mine and came with LRD tires and the TKs are an LRE. I also gave him my old TST system and I bought a new one with flow through sensors. I'm hoping the combination of the higher load range and the TST will keep him from tearing up his trailer. As for me, I've heard/seen too many issues with TKs to risk my 5er with them. I've gone from the TK LRE, to a Carlisle LRF and now the Hartland LRG. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about the Hartland tire since I don't have much intel on them, but they look/feel like a quality tire and the LRG is over kill for my trailer, so fingers crossed.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2016, 08:37 AM   #26
CaptnJohn

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsmith0404 View Post
Pull Toy, I know a lot of people who feel the same way. My dad took my 1 year old Trailer Kings for his 5er after I pulled them off mine. In his defense, his 5er is lighter than mine and came with LRD tires and the TKs are an LRE. I also gave him my old TST system and I bought a new one with flow through sensors. I'm hoping the combination of the higher load range and the TST will keep him from tearing up his trailer. As for me, I've heard/seen too many issues with TKs to risk my 5er with them. I've gone from the TK LRE, to a Carlisle LRF and now the Hartland LRG. I'll admit I'm a bit nervous about the Hartland tire since I don't have much intel on them, but they look/feel like a quality tire and the LRG is over kill for my trailer, so fingers crossed.
1st trip tomorrow with new Carlisle LR E after removing TKs. Now thinking of going to the Carlisle LR F next time if I still have this 5er. Not sure about the rim PSI capacity is the only thing that held me back this time. Running these as stamped on the sidewall at 85 PSI, the LR F state 95 PSI. TKs were80 PSI. Looking to make things better and not create a problem.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2016, 10:43 AM   #27
shov

my 2013 Alpine came with the TK's from the dealer, I always maintained the tire pressure before, during and after every trip. In 2015 we were on a 1,200 mile trip and my gut told me to change out the China bombs before hand, but I didn't... Moral of the story trust your gut, the body damage the explosion created cost me more than 2 sets of quality replacement tires...
shov is offline   Reply With Quote