Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-20-2016, 08:46 AM   #41
Desert185

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Yes the Correct Track lifts 2" which is just what we needed to finally get our 5er level.

I like having full control of the axles with both sides off the ground you have full control of the axles. Just a preferance.
With jacking one side side at a time, you never lose control of the axles because they barely move. Pull one shackle and slide another one in. If there is slight movement, a short pry bar realigns the springs. Do one shackle at a time. I found this to be much simpler than the possibility for an axle wrestle. I did the wetbolts by myself, so this seemed to be essentially effortless for my my solo effort...and it was.

Everyone gets "different mileage" though.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2016, 05:18 AM   #42
281bullet

I installed my wet bolt kit yesterday on one side. Let me tell you I was very surprised how bad the plastic bushings were for a trailer that has a couple of thousand miles on it. The installation only took about 45 min but I already had the trailer jacked up with bottle jacks and cribbing and all of my tools were ready. I spent the rest of the day cleaning and scraping and repainting the frame and axles, mine was a little rusty in spots. I would definitely suggest this MOD to be done to all trailers after seeing the condition of the original bushings.

I used Desert185 method of installation easy.
281bullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2016, 10:08 AM   #43
Desert185

I love simple and easy. Glad it went well for you.

I was surprised at the the poor condition of the original bushings, too. The $88 I spent on the wet bolt kit with heavy shackles and bronze bushings was truly an investment involving big return for relatively minimal outlay.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote