Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-13-2015, 06:05 PM   #1
DiverB

Carbon 357 in my future

So I've been lurking for months and trying to decide between Raptors, Fuzions, and others. I've found a Carbon 357 in my state with the rear ramp patio and 2nd A/C like I wanted. I am happy with the price the dealer quoted me, and will likely pull the trigger in April. I like the floor plan of the 357 and its nearly $10,000 less than a Fuzion and Raptor, and since its just me I don't need a expensive monster trailer, I think the Carbon will be just fine for me.

The Carbon is using electric cable slides, is this correct? Any thing special that needs to be done with the slides to keep them in good working order? The dealer is 215 miles one way and with the price of diesel, unless there is something I just cant fix myself, once I take it home after my shake down trip, its not likely going back to the dealer.

Question for 357 owners, does the TV in the main coach rotate? Is it visible from all seeing positions on the couch? Everyone pretty happy with their Carbon 357 purchase?

I will likely try to drive out to the dealer to actually see it and really make up my mind. As soon as April comes and I can get my truck out of storage, then I can pull the trigger.
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

https://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-us/199482.png
DiverB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 01:32 PM   #2
DiverB

I drove to the dealer today and spent nearly 2hrs there. I'm sold on the Carbon 357. I really like the coach and will be pulling the trigger in April. Salesman was very nice and worked the numbers up for me and I'm happy with them
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4x4 - Custom Tuned, 5" TBE, ATS Tranny, ARP Head studs, EGR Cooler delete, S&B intake, GDP intake horn, EDGE CTS w/turbo timer, FASS 95 lift pump, pac-brake airbags, Mag Hytec diff covers, B&W 20K hitch, AMSOIL everywhere

Old 03-14-2015, 01:51 PM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

Sounds good! Congrats on your pick, now the waiting starts.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2015, 08:58 PM   #4
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

Congratulations on your selection

Looking at the pictures I think I may see why you were asking about the TV. Since you were at the dealer you probably got to play with the TV and probably no longer have that same question. On the Raptors all three TVs have a bracket that pulls in and out from the wall and can be turned. They are locked with a pin against the wall for travel. The Garage TV/Bracket can be relocated to the storage area for outside viewing. Bet you can not wait. ENJOY
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2015, 07:02 AM   #5
raineman

Great news! Just a heads up. The first trailer I picked out and said I was going to come back for got stolen from me. Well at least that is what it felt like. Someone else came in and bought it right out from under me. How dare they! Lol. I did not have a deposit and missed out on that one. When I found another that I wanted, I went in and put a deposit on it so it wouldn't be "stolen". Sure enough the dealer told me as soon as I did they had 2 other serious inquiries but she was already spoken for.
raineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 01:26 PM   #6
DiverB

Quote:
Originally Posted by raineman View Post
Great news! Just a heads up. The first trailer I picked out and said I was going to come back for got stolen from me. Well at least that is what it felt like. Someone else came in and bought it right out from under me. How dare they! Lol. I did not have a deposit and missed out on that one. When I found another that I wanted, I went in and put a deposit on it so it wouldn't be "stolen". Sure enough the dealer told me as soon as I did they had 2 other serious inquiries but she was already spoken for.

Same thing just happened to me! I was waiting for my income tax return to pay off the last of my home equity loan that I took out 5yrs ago. Then I was going to place a deposit on the coach and coordinate with the bank for financing since I just paid off the home equity loan. I called the sales guy ready to place a deposit on it, and he said it sold 4 days previously.

Looks like I will have to order one for about $1600 more, but I'm still super happy with the ease of dealing with this dealership and salesman. Guess that's what I get for snoozing.

Old 07-01-2015, 07:59 PM   #7
DiverB

Well I'm happy to report that I pick up a new Carbon 357 on Tuesday after the holiday weekend. I called the dealer I had dealt with a few months ago to ask if they would price match, and they said they would. I drove out and took a look at the one I liked and they gave me a great price and even got me a good interest rate.

They are going to prep the coach and install the few small extra items I wanted to have installed (maxxair vent covers) I am doing my PDI on Tuesday. I told the salesman that I will be doing a several hour PDI and will be brining my creeper, tool box and flashlight and will go over everything and will expect it to be fixed before I sign the final paperwork. I hope to be able to do a shake down trip within a week or so.

Old 07-02-2015, 03:08 PM   #8
LuvsPalmTrees

Congrats on the trailer. Good luck on the PDI. Enjoy camping.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2015, 03:10 PM   #9
sourdough
Site Team

Congratulations!! Before Tuesday gets here it will feel like 6 months! You might do a walk thru with someone from the dealership to show you all the switches, pulls, dumps, remotes and everything else. We carried a handycam and took notes - then did our own PDI. If they will let someone stay with you for the duration that would be nice.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2015, 07:16 PM   #10
DiverB

Well I brought my Carbon 357 home today. The walk thru and PDI went very smooth. I told the salesman the other day to be prepared for me to spend a few hours inspecting the coach before I sign any paperwork. I downloaded the PDI suggestions off the forum and did not find anything wrong with the coach.

I did notice on the drive home I was experiencing the chunk from the pin box. As funds allow, I will definitely be upgrading the pin box! I'm very pleased with the ample cabinet space and the features of the 357. I look forward to taking her out on a shake down trip in the following weeks to come.

Old 07-08-2015, 03:32 AM   #11
gtsum2

Really nice looking combo there! Safe travels and have fun!
Old 07-08-2015, 05:41 AM   #12
Face Down

I have had my 357 since May and have already spent 14 nights in it. Love the RV, it is just what we were looking for. If you have any questions, give me a shout!
Face Down is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 12:35 PM   #13
DiverB

Thanks Facedown! Just came back from Wal-Mart stocking her up. Lucky for me I still have some of the items from my last toy hauler so I didn't need to buy that much

Old 07-08-2015, 01:28 PM   #14
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiverB View Post
Thanks Facedown! Just came back from Wal-Mart stocking her up. Lucky for me I still have some of the items from my last toy hauler so I didn't need to buy that much
If you're like most of us, when you get a new RV with an extra 5 cubic feet of storage, you'll find 8 cubic feet of "goodies" to cram into it Have fun shopping, equipping and most of all using your new Carbon !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote