Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2015, 04:17 PM   #1
Happy Days

Toy Hauler

Considering trading in my 2014 Alpine. It has been a great rig with no problems. The one thing I learned from buying my first 5th wheel which was the Alpine is learning what you need in the second one. Does anyone have a opinion on the Heartland Cyclone. Any opinions would be greatly accepted! Thanks
Happy Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2015, 06:38 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Heartland RV company sponsors an owner's forum that is very similar to this forum for Keystone owners. https://www.heartlandowners.org/content.php

It is not likely that many Keystone owners would also own a Heartland RV, and those who have traded their Heartland for a Keystone may well have "mixed emotions" about which is better. If their reasons for buying Keystone were anything other than floorplan, dealer reputation or product quality, wouldn't they likely still own a Heartland product?

I think you'll probably get much more objective rather than subjective information about Heartland's offerings there rather than here.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 04:04 AM   #3
matandjen

We looked at the Fuzions, Cyclones and Voltage models when we were shopping for our Toy Hauler. While we liked the cyclones, there were little details that bothered us and we did not like the layout options as much.

But, in my opinion, they are all generally the same.
matandjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2015, 06:21 AM   #4
bsmith0404

We didn't look at the Cyclones when we bought our Alpine, but we did look at several other Heartland products. We were very close to buying one (Big Country), but when we compared it to the Alpine little things jumped out at us. In the end, for nearly the same price we just felt the Keystone products had higher quality. I will say if it wasn't for the floor plan of the 3500RE, we would have been Big Country owners right now. The little things would not make up for a floor plan that doesn't work.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2015, 07:53 PM   #5
cb1000rider
Gone Traveling

Personally, I see very little quality with Keystone. There is a step down to wood frame trailers, but generally, they're build the same... And the "higher end" seems to mean bells and whistles - and maybe materials like cabinets, not actual higher end construction techniques...

The issue with Keystone is their reputation "after" the sale.... It seems to be unique in the space.
cb1000rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2015, 10:11 AM   #6
skidooxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by matandjen View Post
We looked at the Fuzions, Cyclones and Voltage models when we were shopping for our Toy Hauler. While we liked the cyclones, there were little details that bothered us and we did not like the layout options as much.

But, in my opinion, they are all generally the same.
I looked at all of them at the show, and decided to stay with Fuzion, just upgraded to a 2016 chrome edition.
skidooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 10:32 AM   #7
C130

We looked at Cyclones quite a bit when we bought our Fuzion and looked at them again a couple of months ago. Personally, I don't see a lot of differences between any of them. When we bought our Fuzion we liked the Fuzion the best but if I bought new today I don't know if I'd choose them again, just depends on the floor plan and features. The Momentum is at the top of my list right now but I'd have to see the interiors again before deciding.

Grand Designs is having a rally here where I'm staying in Tennessee and they make some great looking 5th wheels. I talked to several Momentum owners last night and they were all thrilled with theirs, no complaints at all. Some were with the rally, some were not.

Thought I'd add that I have since looked at several new Momentums and I like their floor plans but not overly impressed with their quality, at least on their M-Class. Cabinet doors were very flimsy, no shock on front door, no storage compartment on dovetail section of rear garage (only comes on Momentum, not M- Class), no bowl sink on M-Class but stainless alliances which I don't get. My Fuzion 322TE has much better quality cabinets. The selling point seems to be their customer service, build quality seems on par with all the others. Of course the dealerships have a lot to do with this and the bad part is Holiday World in Houston was mentioned at their rally as one of their worst dealerships and is their local dealership in this area.

Now, as far as what I would recommend in a toy hauler and what I want in a new one, I'll offer my recommendations. I like the half bath in the rear garage but that really depends on your family needs. Rear patio is very nice and a must have for us but to get full use out of it and for convenience I'd highly recommend the 3 season door so you can leave the rear deck out all the time. Otherwise it's a pain to do it every day and there's no way to keep the garage cool or warm without the 3 season door. We love the rear deck but we would use it way more if I had the door and I won't buy another toy hauler without it. I want the auto level feature which I think most all come with now. Other than those items the rest to me comes down to floor plans and priority as far as living space and garage space. We looked at Fuzions and Raptors yesterday and hated the Fuzion's flooring as we like the wood flooring look. We disliked the Raptor's bathrooms as they were tiny but like the Fuzions ability to enter the bathroom from two different locations. We went to Camping World to look at the Cyclone but after waiting well over 30 minutes for someone to show us around we gave up and left. Meanwhile, at least 3 sales guys were outside smoking and this was the second time we experienced this. Right now, Momentum is still at the top but we are not convinced yet that it would be worth the money to trade ours in. Our Fuzion Touring Edition has some nice features and is clean and taken care of. We also looked at a 2014 Momentum 385TH that I had high hopes for but it looked terrible and my 2011 Fuzion is in way better shape. The Momentum was trashed, someone had put hideous wall paper in it, and it appeared to have set outside the entire time and looked terrible.