Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2015, 06:02 PM   #1
Stvchurch

New 350QBQ Questions

Hello everyone.

I am about to pick up our first keystone (Montana Mountaineer 350QBQ) in the next couple weeks and I have a couple quick questions.

First...has anyone put a washer/dryer in it? Measuring looks like it's a bit short for stackables, but the dryer vent is on the passenger side, and so is the washer prep. Strange set up, just trying to figure out if anyone else has been able to do anything but a combo unit? Really don't want a combo if we can avoid it.

Second, because of the length, it looks (to me anyway) like it might have a clearance issue backing up my drive. Won't know for sure till I get here, but has anyone put on bogey wheels? Wondering if it's as worth it as I think it might be.

Thanks for any help!

Steve
Stvchurch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2015, 12:31 PM   #2
ncrzrbk

On your model. Are both black tank flushes in the front docking station? We are looking at the same model. Have you used it yet any responses would be appreciated. We may be picking up a 2015 this week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
ncrzrbk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2015, 04:26 AM   #3
Stvchurch

Black tank flush

Hey there. Unfortunately I'm not sure just yet. We've had it in our driveway almost 10 days but we haven't had it out yet. There is only 1 tank flush that I've found and it is in the control center. I am unsure if it is connected to both black tanks or just the main...this is one of our outstanding questions. The pulls for the back tanks are under rear edge of the living room slide, but there is no fill there.

My assumption is that there is no flush for the back tanks but as soon as I can confirm I'll be happy to post.

Thanks!
Old 04-13-2015, 11:00 AM   #4
ncrzrbk

Thank you. I have ask the salesman and he said they rinse from the front which means both black tanks have to be flushed at the same time. I am leaning to believe you are correct in your assumption.

Ricky.

Old 04-13-2015, 11:54 AM   #5
Stvchurch

Yep...that's what they told me too...but I'll believe it when I see it.

I love the unit though...it met so much of our wish list it was almost like they were reading our minds. I posted some detail about the unit on our blog if that is helpful...

http://ourrearview.com
Old 04-13-2015, 02:27 PM   #6
ncrzrbk

Nice blog. Thanks for sharing. We have to schedule our delivery tomorrow. Not sure how long that will take. I requested upgraded tires and the morryde hitch.

What truck are you towing with. Looks like my 2014 Ram 3500 SRW but mine is white.

This is our 2nd fifth wheel so I am looking forward to the extras this one has.

Ricky

Old 04-13-2015, 03:18 PM   #7
Stvchurch

It's only a 2500 with airbags. We are looking to upgrade that next. We just stepped up from a TT...and boy what a step up it is. Not sure if we want to go SRW or DRW for the extra stability. Let me know how yours pulls when you get it please...

My only complaint so far is that because it's so long the tail tends to drag. We are adding rollers to the back...then we should be all set. Luckily a friend of mine owes me a little welding work, so it's pretty cheap.

Camping world didn't carry the tires I want, so I'm handling that myself. Just got to find a place I can get into in order to get them put on. Also, from original post, I did get the Airiston washer and dryer. They installed them side by side, but I'm determined to stack them...it's going to be close! I should know tomorrow if I can pull it off...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 04-13-2015, 05:34 PM   #8
ncrzrbk

If I were going full time like you are, I would have opted for the DRW with the Aisin transmission. I decided the SRW better suited my current needs. The payload on the truck is what took me to the 3500. I upgraded it last October from a 2500 because I was a the limits for it and my current f'ver. It's 38' long have only dragged it once in a steep campsite. My house driveway is level so no concerns there.

I would have preferred the 3.73 gears as was on my 2500 but it's not longer an option on SRW. You can only get 3.42 unless you go up to DRW. The 3.73 handled rolling hills easier. The Aisin is an option on the SRW and the gearing is different in the lower gears. I should have considered that as a better option but couldn't make myself spend an additional 2k. In the new truck,I just keep 6th gear locked out unless I am on flat terrain.

The Montana is just about 1,500 lbs heavier than I tow now on the dry weight. I will post my towing results once I get all the closing done. Hopefully, in the next couple of days if they find the tires.

Old 04-13-2015, 06:27 PM   #9
Stvchurch

Cool...thx for the info. Good luck on the closing! Keep us posted...
Old 04-19-2015, 08:21 PM   #10
ncrzrbk

Picked up the camper on Saturday. Stayed one night in it to check everything out. Discovered some problems one of which caused damage to the moulding on the off door rear slide. The cabinet door on the bottom cabinet didn't have a latched so when the slide opened it caught the door and pulled it off the hinges and caused the moulding to be pulled out.

Neither of the tank valves on the rear are working one of which isn't even connected. The awning LED lights aren't working. But overall I like the build quality. The camper feels very solid under my feet when walking around in it. Love the level up system.

The truck handled and towed very well.

Old 04-19-2015, 08:55 PM   #11
Stvchurch

Awesome. I agree...it definately feels solid. The leveling is crazy awesome...I totally agree.

Sorry to hear about the trim. I kind of know the feeling...before we picked up ours, some knucklehead ran in the slide with the bathroom door open and tore the handle clean out of the thing. They bubble-gummed it back together temporarily because they had to order the door. The only other issue I've found so far is the screen doors on both entries don't really align very well. Outside of those two issues I haven't found anything else. Now...I also haven't hooked up anything but power yet, but I'm feeling optimistic right now.

Glad your truck held up. I actually went out and drove a 3500 DRW this afternoon. It started pouring rain so I have to go back and try the SRW. Trying to put together pros and cons...but I definately don't want to under buy again...

Thanks for the post...let me know if you run accross anything else funky!
Old 04-20-2015, 04:56 AM   #12
ncrzrbk

I would recommend hooking up water and running clean water into all the tanks to make sure none of the valves leaks. I put on a valterra gate valve on the rear discharge to overcome the rear leaking valves until I can take in for repair.

Again, I would recommend getting the DRW for the traveling your going to be doing. The SRW handles it great but the stability of DRW wheels will ride better. You can get the 3.42 rear end with the Aisin transmission and still get descent MPG's when not towing.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:02 AM   #13
ncrzrbk

Oh and there isn't a rear black tank flush. As I thought, salesman said they stopped running it to the rear black tank because too many people weren't draining both tanks at the same time and causing flooding in the rear. Guess I will get one of those magic wands for cleaning rear black tank.

Old 04-20-2015, 05:43 AM   #14
Stvchurch

Good idea on the clean water...I'll try that this afternoon...

And thanks for the thoughts on the truck too!
Old 04-20-2015, 07:10 PM   #15
Stvchurch

So...good news is the tanks seem to hold everything just fine and the drain pulls function perfectly (if not a bit stiff). The bad news is that the back pulls were open (and even just the cap seems to be enough to hold it in) so when my son and I opened it we got a big suprise! Luckily we didn't make too much of a mess since we haven't had it out yet.

I also managed to break a key off in the basement lock...but we got it out. Gotta have that lock replaced... Otherwise it seems to be all good.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:26 AM   #16
ncrzrbk

That is good. That is why I put the extra gate valve on mine and even my last SOB. The cap will hold it until you remove the cap and surprise. The gate valve is inexpensive and saves that oh crap surprise.
Old 04-26-2015, 01:48 PM   #17
ncrzrbk

Have you checked your black tank flush? I tried mine this weekend and it wouldn't accept water. I now have several items that will have to be repaired at the dealer.