Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 02-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #21
Zapper

Thanks for all the replies. As of now ALL fluids are new including brake fluid. The only mods are Air Lifter 5000 bags and a TCM flash with a new shift lever with paddle shift from Fleece Performance Engineering, Brownsburg Indiana. The early Allison equipped trucks did not have an OD lockout switch and I chose the paddle shift lever versus an OD lockout switch. I may, at some point choose to have Fleece do an EFI Live custom tune and at that point would, without doubt install EGT and boost gages.

JRTJH, my Fuzion was built 12/2/14 so chances are it was towed from Goshen to Shispshewanna in slush...what are my options if I find the frame is rusty. I will do a ''rusty frame'' search and see what I find...Thanks would never of thought of this problem. I should've though as the 2002 Chevy trucks are also cursed with rusty frame problems. I have replace every brake line under it already.

2015 3500HD DRW LTZ Durmax/Allison
2015 Fuzion 325 Onyx with Monster Pack
Reese 20K slider
Zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 03:43 PM   #22
GMcKenzie

How do you like the Fleece setup? Never heard of it. My truck came to me (from my father) with the O/D lockout so I neverr really looked into anything else.

And I still think the EGT is a must have, even with a stock truck. I tow in the mountains and would not go without as it is pretty easy to go past 1400. The truck seems to still have oomph and have backed down many times because of EGT's

"Drinks for 6, Dinner for 4, Sleeps 2"
GMcKenzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:00 PM   #23
Desert185

Me, too. I have fuel pressure, EGT and boost. Don't leave home without them.

I noticed fuel pressure drop about a pound after my recent trip with about 20K miles on the fuel filter. Changed the filter and the pressure returned to normal.

Once noticed a loss of power with no boost on the gauge. There were no codes. I changed the MAP sensor and the boost came back.

It's nice knowing what is going on under the hood.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 10:41 AM   #24
Zapper

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMcKenzie View Post
How do you like the Fleece setup? Never heard of it. My truck came to me (from my father) with the O/D lockout so I neverr really looked into anything else.

And I still think the EGT is a must have, even with a stock truck. I tow in the mountains and would not go without as it is pretty easy to go past 1400. The truck seems to still have oomph and have backed down many times because of EGT's
The paddle shift is nice, not sure it's any more functional than the lockout but may be more convenient. I just, on occasion needed to hold 4th gear and couldn't. I read the ''how to'' article on Diesel Page on adding the switch but I'm just not comfortable with things like that. Check out FleecePerformanceEngineering.com, pretty good guys.

2015 3500HD DRW LTZ Durmax/Allison
2015 Fuzion 325 Onyx with Monster Pack
Reese 20K slider
Zapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 02:30 PM   #25
JRTJH
Site Team

Zapper,

I'm not sure what you can do about a rusty frame other than be aware of it and when the weather is nicer, wash it, treat any rust you see and monitor it regularly. If the dealership rinsed the frame after delivery (assuming it was towed in slush) you may be "good to go"... I just brought it up because a number of trailers are towed from Goshen during the winter to places that "never see salt or rust" but enroute, their RV was subjected to something they never think about.

I'd think just a check, see what the frame looks like and if it's coated with salt, I'd sure mention it to the dealer and see what he says. If he sluffs it off as not important, you'll know what to expect "next time" you need his help.....

Good luck with the delivery !!!

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 03:26 PM   #26
Desert185

I'm not saying this is the solution in this case, but Tractor Supply and others sell spray bottles of rust killer that is good for an annual touchup. It turns the rust black and stops its growth. Spray it on and walk away.
-2014 Cougar 326SRX, Maxxis tires w/TPMS, wet bolts, two 6v batts.
-Four Wheel 8' Popup Camper.
Desert185 is offline   Reply With Quote