Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-26-2014, 03:19 PM   #1
rvennis

Cougar 21RBSWE

I am considering buying this Keystone Cougar but I have one main concern based on my experience with a Hideout 19. On both models the A Frame or trailer reach is attached below the main frame of the trailer rather than being attached as an extension of it. The result is only about 6" clearance between the ends of the torsion bars of the weight equalization hitch and the ground. The ends of the bars often drag when going over speed bumps.

Is this also a problem with the Cougar 21RBSWE? My alternative is a Nash 23D but we do not like the layout quite as much.
rvennis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2014, 10:15 AM   #2
jensen_53

21RBS clearance concern

Greetings,
We own a 2013 21RBS (East version) and have installed a weight distribution hitch and do not experience chain nor bar drag. We do however need to remove the firberglass tank and battery aerodynamic cover in order to load and unload the bars. Not a real big deal though.
I'd like to say we are thrilled with the overall quality and finish of the unit. This is the end of our first season and there is nothing on our To-Do list to change.
I also have a Reese anti-sway clutch assembly that works well.
Best of luck in your decision.
Paul
jensen_53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2014, 09:49 PM   #3
grewen

Thumbs up

we have a 21rbs and only dragged the bars once. we have towed it for 2 years and a total of 16, 000 km we dragged the bars through the dirt going through an almost dry wash going into valley of the gods in southern Utah, most likely a place we shouldn't have taken it but then we shouldn't have towed it up the mokee dugway either, you have to live on the edge once and a while
grewen is offline   Reply With Quote