Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Tow Vehicles
Click Here to Login

Old 11-12-2014, 02:02 PM   #41
jtyphoid

Quote:
Originally Posted by denverpilot View Post
Anyone can create an "invoice" with a copy of Excel and a printer. I wouldn't put much stock in that word.
Perhaps so, but you can check their invoice numbers at nada.com and kbb.com.
jtyphoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 07:07 PM   #42
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtyphoid View Post
This is what I used. I ordered my Denali and will be paying invoice less factory incentives at time of delivery (now is 2000 plus 600 Costco cash card). On top of that the dealer is passing through the sale of my existing truck to my company (looks like a trade on paper) and saving me an additional 2400 in sales tax. This beats any lowball Internet price I was quoted within 900 miles. I'm good with this. Basically $8500 off msrp.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 01:43 AM   #43
denverpilot

Quote:

I find those on some vehicles to be 10% high. If you don't mind a few bucks, Consumer Reports compiles data from real people on actual price paid, out the door.

Remember who the customers who buy NADA are... They are not making nearly as much money on ads on the website to pay for it, last I checked. KBB I assume is similar.

And the old adage holds solidly true on the Internet... If it's free, you are the product being sold...
Old 11-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #44
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Quote:
What is invoice number? You mean what the dealer paid for the vehicle from the manufacturer? or again a made up number? Since the invention of the internet and invoice pricing its been a huge boom for dealers. Another way to reel you in. Interesting that when you put all that info into KBB and press enter, what comes up with the "invoice price"? Ads where you can go purchase this vehicle. How convenient. What a coincidence. Do people really fall for this?
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:51 AM   #45
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by sw342 View Post
What is invoice number? You mean what the dealer paid for the vehicle from the manufacturer? or again a made up number? Since the invention of the internet and invoice pricing its been a huge boom for dealers. Another way to reel you in. Interesting that when you put all that info into KBB and press enter, what comes up with the "invoice price"? Ads where you can go purchase this vehicle. How convenient. What a coincidence. Do people really fall for this?
I agree with the above. Invoice is really today's MSRP and the MSRP on the sticker is an inflated number. It is the dealers mission to sell between invoice and MSRP. It is also my uunderstanding that on the backend, the dealer receives a hold back profit equaling 3 percent of dealer invoice cost for every vehicle they sell. If invoice is $59,000 (as in my case), the dealer makes $1770 on the deal. There may be other spiffs and incentives we don't know about. I feel that if I pay invoice less any rebates, I got a fair deal.
I did get quotes from low ball dealers in the mid West and they were willing to sell at abt $1000 under invoice. I would have had to travel 900 miles each way to take delivery.

Old 11-13-2014, 12:23 PM   #46
sourdough
Site Team

The one thing I've found over the decades of buying dozens upon dozens of new cars is; did you do your research to know if you're in the ballpark on the price you're paying and most importantly, 2) if after doing this are you happy with the deal you are getting? If you feel you are getting a fair deal then do it. I've paid cash for a new vehicle knowing I was paying a bit too much but I liked the dealership, the salesman, the sales manager and their service dept. When I had the money wired and I drove off with my wife I was beaming - I felt I had received a good enough deal to make me happy. I think that's all any of us can ask for.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 12:41 PM   #47
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
The one thing I've found over the decades of buying dozens upon dozens of new cars is; did you do your research to know if you're in the ballpark on the price you're paying and most importantly, 2) if after doing this are you happy with the deal you are getting? If you feel you are getting a fair deal then do it. I've paid cash for a new vehicle knowing I was paying a bit too much but I liked the dealership, the salesman, the sales manager and their service dept. When I had the money wired and I drove off with my wife I was beaming - I felt I had received a good enough deal to make me happy. I think that's all any of us can ask for.
I totally agree. I can't remember anything I've bought that in a later conversation, I haven't found someone who claimed to have bought the same thing for less or got a better trade-in or found a "gimmick" to make their purchase more appealing. That goes for vehicles, campers, jeans and almost anything that's for sale. Example: We bought milk yesterday while shopping. This morning, my DW's sister in law told her that "Sav-A-Lot has milk on sale today..... <sigh>

I think that if you're satisfied with the terms, if you can afford the cost and if you want it, then those are the most satisfying components of any sales experience. Do your "homework" make sure you're not being taken advantage of, and if the sales meets your expectations, then, for you, it's a good transaction. Don't get upset about the "brother's friend's uncle's work buddy that knew someone who..." There will always be that factor interjected "somewhere" no matter how "good your deal was"......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2014, 03:30 PM   #48
2014301ktmhauler

What are the differences on 2015 and 2015.5? I see some adds stating built after 8/14.
Old 11-15-2014, 05:16 PM   #49
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014301ktmhauler View Post
What are the differences on 2015 and 2015.5? I see some adds stating built after 8/14.
Power folding camper mirrors with led back up and marker lights on them standard on some models, 4G LTE hot-spot standard, and few other things I can't remember. The main thing I like is the new mirrors.

Old 11-16-2014, 03:47 PM   #50
Brantlaker

I do not know about GM but Ford Dealer Invoice price is the cost to the dealer. There is a 2.5% hold back to cover the cost of stocking the vehicle. The cars/trucks on the lot are owned by a Bank or a Finance co.and the dealer pays 1% over Prime which is 0 at this time. Most dealers only make 1 or 2% markup ask yourself how much is the markup on a piece of jewelry 200-300%, a new piece of furniture 100-200% and last but not least the food that we eat 50-100%. The Dealer has overhead to pay I know the dealer that I retired from that it cost $135,000 just to open the door every month. The best thing to do is get all of the incentives from the Mfg. and finance it through your own bank or Credit Union. A smart Dealer makes his money in the F&I office with the after sell.

2012 Cougar 318SAB
2015 F350 SWD 4X4 3.55 Rear
Brantlaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2014, 04:59 PM   #51
therink

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2014301ktmhauler View Post

Here you go:

Updates to 2015 Sierra and Silverado HD's
GMC Sierra 2500HD

Deletions

(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators
(G56) Stealth Gray Metallic exterior color
(GTS) Cobalt Blue Metallic exterior color

New Features

(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity
USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat
Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for models with Z71 and All-Terrain Packages.
Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar; molded in Black.
(DQS) Premium camper mirrors with chrome cap and new features: Power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carryover features include: Power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp.
(DPN) Camper mirrors on Sierra and SLE models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.
(CGN) Spray-on bed liner now includes the GMC logo on front bed wall.
(GAT) All-Terrain Package available on SLE and SLT Crew and Double Cab models.
New (PYR) and (PTW) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on SLE and SLT models
DURALIFE brake rotors
Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available
(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine
(G1K) Stone Blue Metallic exterior color
(G7J) Emerald Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on SLE Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)
HD radio feature removed from all radios
(UVC) Rear Vision Camera now included with (PDD) Sierra Convenience Package on 1SA Sierra model
(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models

Chevrolet Truck Silverado 2500HD

Deletions

(KH5) dual 150 amp alternators
(G56) Blue Granite Metallic exterior color
(GTS) Blue Topaz Metallic exterior color

New Features

(UE1) Next Gen OnStar, including (VV4) WiFi communications equipment and Mobile Internet Connectivity
USB jack added in glovebox of models with (AZ3) bench seat
Off-Road graphic in Driver Info Center for all Z71 models
Slightly larger exterior antenna with Next Gen OnStar: Body-color on High Country; Black on all other models.
(DQS) Premium camper mirrors with chrome cap and new features: Power fold, LED amber running lamps, and LED back-up lamp. Carryover features include: Power adjust, manual extend, memory, heat, turn signal, and puddle lamp.
(DPN) Camper mirrors on WT and LT models - include same content and functionality as (DQS) Premium camper mirrors, with the exception of chrome caps (DPN are Black), and no power fold.
(CGN) Spray-on bed liner is now standard on High Country and available on all other trim levels. Includes Chevrolet Bowtie logo on front bed wall.
(GAJ) Silverado High Country available on Crew Cab only (3LZ).
New (PYV) 18" and (PYS) 20" chromed aluminum wheels on LT and LTZ models
DURALIFE brake rotors
Expanded Bi-Fuel compressed natural gas (CNG) offerings available
(KHB) dual 150 amp and 220 amp alternators available with diesel engine
(G1K) Deep Ocean Blue Metallic exterior color
(G7J) Rain Forest Green Metallic exterior color (previously available as promo color)

Changes

(IO5) and (IO6) 8-inch diagonal color touch screen radios now available on LT Regular Cab models (replacing IO3 and IO4)
HD radio feature removed from all radios
Cluster "tick marks" change from White to Blue
Body color door handles, mirror caps, and body side moldings on LT trim. Chrome belt molding on LTZ and High Country trim.
(G80) Heavy-Duty Locking Rear Differential now standard on all models

Old 11-19-2014, 08:51 AM   #52
2014301ktmhauler

Thanks - Jim.