Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 01-22-2011, 11:22 AM   #1
jje1960

Cart/Counter on Wheels

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxzd View Post
Good point about the loft and plastic bins. Good spot for seasonal clothing or what have you...

Still looking at a rolling cart. I have seen cherry wood carts, 18" counter works but they are all long up to 50". So our options either custom made by a kitchen shop, keep looking or don't be so picky and find a non-cherry wood smaller cart.
Maxzd - Received the rolling cart, put it together this morning. Very nice, quality unit! Granite top mesures like 19x27. It's actually not a bad match with the rest of the wood tone in the SRX, not cherry but close. Took about 40mins to get together taking my time, actually very impressed with how they had the unit engineered to go together. Came in two separate boxes, one with the wood and the other with the granite. All n' all, very happy, extra top space, a drawer, cabinet space, rolling and high quality. Definitely worth the money.
jje1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 07:33 PM   #2
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Where did you order the drawer? This is a great idea, in fact, putting a piece of thin cutting board into the drawer, flush with the top edge sounds like what we need. Will drill a finger hole allowing removal when needing to lift the board and get to things in the drawer.

I also love the rolling cart idea, going to start looking for one of those. Plenty of room in that cabin in front of the oven door, however being able to roll out of the way sounds like the ticket!
I ordered the entire drawer from the dealer. The dealer Ordered it direct from keystone so it will match exactly. Will end up being 80 bucks which seems like highway robbery.. Like anything, i had my mind made up and didn't push for a better price.. Will post pics when I install.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #3
jje1960

Top drawer

Quote:
I ordered the entire drawer from the dealer. The dealer Ordered it direct from keystone so it will match exactly. Will end up being 80 bucks which seems like highway robbery.. Like anything, i had my mind made up and didn't push for a better price.. Will post pics when I install.
Stuck my head in there last weekend, still can't figure out why they did not just put an extra drawer in vs the empty space. Will wait for your install, if it goes well will do same. Received the new gen-set this week, so just waiting for weather to change for measuring and fabricating the pull-out rack under the rear bumper. Also still looking to put a 20amp plug in the front, close to the truck bed.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Maxzd

Quote:
Originally Posted by jje1960 View Post
Stuck my head in there last weekend, still can't figure out why they did not just put an extra drawer in vs the empty space. Will wait for your install, if it goes well will do same. Received the new gen-set this week, so just waiting for weather to change for measuring and fabricating the pull-out rack under the rear bumper. Also still looking to put a 20amp plug in the front, close to the truck bed.
Totally agree, I don't get it fit like it was meant to be. I installed an extra drawer yesterday very happy with how it turned out. New Thread is in the Modications and Upgrades forum. Posted a quick how it went and pictures of before and after.

2003 Dodge Ram 3500
5.9L Cummins Diesel
2011 Cougar 325 SRX
Maxzd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 04:09 PM   #5
jje1960

Private message

Quote:
Totally agree, I don't get it fit like it was meant to be. I installed an extra drawer yesterday very happy with how it turned out. New Thread is in the Modications and Upgrades forum. Posted a quick how it went and pictures of before and after.
Sorry for the late reply to the private message! Just noticed it max. Did send the link for the cabinet. http://www.morekitchencarts.com/Home...-9001-0064.htm
Old 05-29-2011, 02:52 AM   #6
dave-g

I love the island idea. how about a picture of it in place? Do you still have enough room to get around?
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 04:16 PM   #7
jje1960

Island

Will take a pic of it in the unit tomorrow. We love the cabinet, extra counter space, cabinet, drawer.... While travelling we have it in the garage, strapped down, then just roll it in the kitchen when we arrive. It matches the other wood about perfect, wife is super happy, that's what matters. As for being in the way... it obviously takes cabin space however it's cool that it's on wheels, just push it to where you want it while watching tv or what-ever. I'll get that pic posted tomorrow, took an extra day off work to clean-up after this past long weekends trip.
Old 06-11-2011, 04:05 AM   #8
dave-g

just finished putting the island together (same one you got). looks great. Wife loves it.

happy wife happy life-
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote