Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-10-2011, 01:17 AM   #1
08limited

Water Leak

I realise this is my first post put I have been a lurker on on this forum for some time.

I bought a 2011 287RKSWE back in Nov. of last year and have not had a chance to use it yet but have been doing some small mods to get ready to use it this summer. One mod I have been kicking around doing is adding a couple flood lights up high on the back and so I took off a cover in the upper cabinet to see how hard it would be to fish the wires up. unfortunately I found the insulation wet on both the ceiling and back wall I will be calling my Dealer on Monday to start a waranty claim but am wondering how they will take care of the wet insulation and wood? Has any one else had them replace the insulation and any effected wood or do they just try trying the effected area?

Thanks Corey
08limited is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #2
Handysam

Corey, I have not had this problem, however I would demand that all is put back as if it were new. I would not settle for a band aid. My guess would be its leaking at the top or roof at the rear edge and running in from there. Happy Camping, Sam
Old 04-11-2011, 09:41 AM   #3
campingcpl

The front end leaked on our trailer and soaked everything from top to bottom. On ours they replaced the front glass any insulation and wall board that got wet and any of the cabinets that got wet. I also told them I wanted the matteress replaced because it got wet enough to ring water out of it.

Phil & Janine & Lady
2004.5 Chevy 2500HD Duramax LLY CC LB 4X4
2009 Keystone Sprinter 272RLS
campingcpl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2011, 02:53 AM   #4
08limited

Sorry for the delay been very busy

Scheduled for them to look at it this Sat. plus a few other small issues. Went out there this weekend and back wall insulation was dry and ceiling insulation was just slightly moist, I put a desiccant container in the corner cabinet hoping it will suck up more of the moisture. It appears it might not be as bad as I first thought.

Thanks for the replys Corey
08limited is offline   Reply With Quote