Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 06:18 AM   #1
04ctd

Cougar 364BHL: new 2020 floorplan: bunkhouse & treehouse: tips & tricks?

since it is new, just thought to get stuff specific to this model in one thread.

esp if you are new to RV'ing, there is a LOT that you don't know....that you don't know.

like, you have to buy wheel chocks, tripod stabilizers, slide-out stabilizers. 120AC to 30amp to 50amp adapters (I just bought all this stuff in a HUGE PILE off Craigslist, now just dig thru it).

which doesn't seem like a big deal, until the RV dealer will not let you walk thru the Parts Dept and see that stuff and think about it.

it comes equipped with two battery boxes, but only one battery, our dealer wanted $280 for a second battery installed (two jumper cables to other battery)

the 364BHL is supposed to bring several new items to the same RV chassis, like the InCommand, and Auto Level, and the rear Bunkhouse with the treehouse for kids, but i see alot of that on other RV's.

here is a 6 min video:

this looks like a 30 min video:

here are the Manufacturer specs:
https://www.keystonerv.com/fifth-whe...l-fifth-wheel/

I will say that many things in the video do NOT exist in my camper, I assume it was an early build, it has no LED's in the awning, and old style RV door handles.

YMMV
04ctd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:21 AM   #2
04ctd

pls state what you use the RV for, and your favorite part?

I bought the RV for a long term living space, after I got promoted to another city far away. so I wanted a "Mobile Home", not an "RV", and I think this almost works

my favorite parts:
-the storage: under stove, by stove, over microwave.
-the free standing kitchen sink island: wife is by stove, I can reach around & wash my hands without pushing into the "kitchen area"
-it has a TV antenna built into the Roof, do not do ANYTHING, just run "AUTOSCAN" and it will pick up ~30 channels.
-the second bedroom/bathroom for visitors.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:04 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Realize too that other than early/late build models there are east and west models that can differ significantly.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 07:57 AM   #4
Silver_

I just wrote a review of our first trip in our 364BHL. Thread is in the forum.
Silver_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 09:28 AM   #5
travelin texans

Just FYI!
The manufacturer doesn't recommend the use of under slide supports. If the RV will not be moved & setup on a concrete slab they might be ok, but if on gravel/dirt I wouldn't use them due to settling & possible damage to slides. We fulltimed for 10+ years so slides were out daily at some location & never noticed a need for supports.
I had the hitch tripod, but due to being heavy & bulky to store I gave away & never noticed it offered much help. Again if setup permanently it might help.
A surge protector/EMS & a good water pressure "regulator" would be mandatory whether mobile or stationary.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2020, 02:41 PM   #6
04ctd

https://www.keystoneforums.com/forum...ad.php?t=41950

yep, i read your write up.

I did notice that my AC did not blow much in another thread, but later on, i noticed the shutters were open on the AC unit, on the rear unit (i noticed this because my front AC shutter was rattling like crazy, so I had to cycle it a few times to get it quite)

when it gets hot, I will shut the rear AC shutters and test the AC flow in the main cabin.

do you have a FOUL smell coming out of your medicine cabinet in the main bath?
ours stinks pretty bad, it looks like the gray/black tanks are vented up there?

its not sewage, just smells funk nasty. the wife said it maybe the plastics "off gassing" in the small cabinet, but I have left the medicine cabinet open for days now?
Old 05-31-2020, 03:31 PM   #7
Silver_

No issues in our medicine cabinets, though there is a slight smell in the rear bath, though it was probably just the water evaporating from the toilet and needing a bit more to keep the smell down.
Silver_ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cougar, floor