Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-30-2020, 05:03 AM   #21
mikz86ta

Lol. Sometimes just need a bigger hammer.
mikz86ta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 06:31 PM   #22
Ribtip

Thanks everyone for your input. Learning a lot on this site
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 07:35 AM   #23
sonofcy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ribtip View Post
Hi all here is my problem. We have a 327res. Its a 2017 bought used this year. Everything was great until we tried to use the washer. We have no intentions to ever wash clothes but we just had to see if it worked. So problem is when it drains the water back flows out of the drain pipe. Now the hose from the washer is just set down in the black drain pipe. Is this correct or should that be a water tight connection. Is the drain blocked some how. In my house the drain is also just sitting in there. What am i missing. Thanks for all your soon to come help.
Ours drains into the grey tank. Illegal in most jurisdictions to just drain to ground. No need for a water tight connection, just a gravity feed. If water is flowing up the drain pipe then you have not found and emptied the 2nd grey tank yet. Very common problem with new to them owners. Get on your back and climb underneath to locate the semi hidden handle.
Why not use the clothes washer and dryer, my wife loves them. HATE going to laundomats.
sonofcy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:14 AM   #24
beaglething

This happened to us too on our first trip out using the washer

For us, the solution was so simple and we just wished someone had told us this when we bought our RV and had the units installed. (We were complete newbies.) The gray tank valve to the sanitary hookup needs to remain open for all wash cycles. We keep it closed otherwise so we can use the accumulated gray water to flush the black water hose when we empty the black tanks. But when we wash, that gray tank valve is open. This also means we get some unpleasant odor from the drain pipe next to the washer so we keep the cabinet doors closed. I really hope your solution is as easy as ours.
beaglething is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 11:10 AM   #25
E Rod

If it's in a slide out, the water drain line may be pinched. My washer drain line would pinch when slideout was opened. I fabricated a piece of lexan and attached it to the hose with plastic ties. Now it bends whenever slide out is open but it will no longer allow it to pinch. Had i not seen it before it's first use, i can imagine the mess and probably water damage it would of caused.

2021 F350 Lariat Ultimate Pkg,FX4,CC,LB

2017 Alpine 3660FL
E Rod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 02:04 PM   #26
CaptnJohn

In my last Montana the washer drained into the galley gray tank. On the new Montana it drains into the 1/2 bath black tank. Seems they always drain to the closest tank, but not on my new Monty.

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2020, 06:10 PM   #27
Ribtip

Mine drains into the bathroom gray. I think the problem was that stuck valve. After i put the hose into the drain further it drains fine. Maybe gummed up with rv antifreeze. Not sure if the last owner ever used it.
Ribtip is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak, washer