Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-17-2020, 08:53 PM   #1
XeroPhane

Lost power to 12v bedroom and bathroom lights

The 12v lights in the bedroom and bathroom turned off all of a sudden. Thinking it may be a fuse, and my tester wouldn't fit, I pulled the fuse to visually inspect. It looked fine so I went to plug it back in. Upon doing so there was a larger spark, which burnt one of the fuse ends, and now the whole fuse circuit seems dead. The fuse board has a blackened spot, and the red light that usually indicates a bad fuse isn't lit. Not sure if I killed the fuse board in the process. I realized later the switch in the bathroom that toggles some 12v circuits but the 2 lights still won't work. I'm not sure if discovering the toggle switch sooner would have saved this from happening.

I may also have a bad battery but at the time this happened, I had 2 batteries hooked up (so I think it's separate from this issue but providing as much detail as possible).

A little after this all happened, and after i switched to 1 battery, my son came back in, turned on the radio and after a minute decided to play with the slide (definitely off limits bit we just bought the trailer so we're learning the rules). I told him to stop and he let go, and then something else dawned on me. So I had him press the slide retract again. While he had it pressed, the radio had a hard time keeping power. I do think this radio issue is related to my potentially bad battery but again, I want to provide as much detail as I can.
XeroPhane is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, light, lights, power