Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2020, 12:18 PM   #1
Jengiemulkey

Oops

I was trying to back up the TT to clear the road for other rvers trying to leave and I forgot to raise my
Front stabilizers. It only moves a couple inches before I realized and raised them. When I got home and went to park it I noticed I bent one of the yellow arms, so I removed it pounded it straight and tried again, but it only bends under weight. Any fixes? I attached photos. I have a friend who said he could come over and weld something plates to strengthen it...TIA, and I feel like an idiot.the photo is after I finally extended it fully when it held along with the tongue jack
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	89D24C5E-A171-4A16-AC31-E8AF974CB9B1.jpg
Views:	131
Size:	409.1 KB
ID:	28018  
Jengiemulkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 12:45 PM   #2
Bill-2020

LCI (Lippert) sells replacements of that part on their website. I don’t recall the price but I don’t remember having sticker shock either. Maybe worth a look before you go through the hassle of welding. And the reason they probably sell replacements is because you’re not the first nor the last to have a moment. We all do. Don’t kick yourself.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 01:27 PM   #3
Jengiemulkey

amazon

Thanks! Found one on amazon for 29.43 after looking at the Lippert site
Old 06-14-2020, 06:46 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

We had a similar rear stabilizer system on our Holiday Rambler. Once bent, they never work well again. I know it's not "metal fatigue" but that bend keeps coming back with minimal weight on the jack. I finally broke down and bought a new one after "cussing and fussing" for several trips... If I remember, I paid close to $30 back in 94..

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 05:31 PM   #5
Jengiemulkey

Fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
We had a similar rear stabilizer system on our Holiday Rambler. Once bent, they never work well again. I know it's not "metal fatigue" but that bend keeps coming back with minimal weight on the jack. I finally broke down and bought a new one after "cussing and fussing" for several trips... If I remember, I paid close to $30 back in 94..
Just an FYI and a thanks for the info. I was able to get the part and today I fixed it, good as new-ish...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7124BEA8-3222-445B-B749-3331EF89F76C.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	318.5 KB
ID:	28148