Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-10-2020, 11:05 PM   #1
Karen Mac

No power in the bedroom

Suddenly I have no power in the bedroom. I've got a 2007 Montana. The circuit breaker tripped and won't go back to normal. The fuse is fine.

I think the I caused the issue when I plugged a trickle charger for my golf cart into an outlet under the bedroom at the same time I was running my portable AC unit.

I replaced the GFCI outlet but it didn't help. Is there another GFI outlet I should check?

I'm beyond ready to go home! (Snowbird who has stayed in Florida more than a month extra because of the coronavirus) and have already delayed my trip several times.

If I can't get if figured out, is there any harm in leaving it until late fall when I return?
Karen Mac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:28 PM   #2
tech740

It won't hurt it to leave it the same as now. The damage is already done. If the breaker won't reset, and the load is off on the circuit, it sounds like a breaker that needs replaced. There is not more that one actual GFCI outlet in any circuit because any plug downstream from the GFCI is protected by that outlet. If the breaker resets and you still don't get power you may have broken a wire when it was loaded to the circuit limit.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 03:23 AM   #3
Schbobby

I just had an few outlets go out when I plugged into one the first time. The plug pushed wire off a connector in the outlet. When I took the outlet apart and was real apparent what the issue was. Reseated wire and all is good now! Make sure you turn off power first!
Schbobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 04:46 AM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

If you tripped a breaker, you did flip it all the way OFF before trying to reset it?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:54 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

If you reset the breaker then you must push the reset button on the gfi also to get power thru it. If you turn the breaker off, then back on (with nothing plugged in) then either the breaker is bad or the gfi is bad. And as a side note, the 120 vac side of the power distribution panel ONLY has breakers. The fuses are for the 12 vdc circuits.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, bedroom, power