Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2020, 06:21 AM   #1
macminn18

Another rodent post

We found evidence of mice in our Passport. Not really any damage, but a nuisance, and obviously needs to be nipped in the bud.

Found holes on the frame, one in each corner. Actually, saw one little friend pop out of there, then back in. Actually, my wife saw it, which caused the neighbors to wonder who was being tortured!

I assume it's ok to plug these? Was thinking of the copper scrubbers and expanding foam.

Thoughts?
macminn18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
travelin texans

Plug everywhere possible then get a couple boxes of Fresh Cab & spread the pouches throughout the interior & storage bags, it works & smells fresh.

https://www.earthkind.com/product/fr...waAm5pEALw_wcB
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 09:44 AM   #3
wiredgeorge

Don't try and shoot them with your .22 if there is anyone in the trailer. Pesky little buggers. Just kidding. If you have never used the expanding foam practice someplace that won't be embarrassing to all who see the result of the foam. That stuff is crazy expansive and turns a disgusting golden yellow with age. (I know these things for sure hehe)
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:39 PM   #4
Bill Martocchio

Mice

I have been using Mouse Free for 5 years and it works great. I spent hours under my previous 5th wheel sealing every hole and place they could get in I could find. They still found somewhere to get in. After using Mouse Free we have not had any! I do leave a trap with a piece of apple on it in my storage compartment just in case.
Bill Martocchio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 02:45 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Martocchio View Post
I have been using Mouse Free for 5 years and it works great. I spent hours under my previous 5th wheel sealing every hole and place they could get in I could find. They still found somewhere to get in. After using Mouse Free we have not had any! I do leave a trap with a piece of apple on it in my storage compartment just in case.
A 5 gallon tub of that stuff is $479 plus shipping. How much is used? It seems like this is a pretty pricey option for keeping mice out... BTW: Mouse traps with peanut butter are a waste of time. The mice ignore peanut butter. My pass through storage area was full of seeds and acorn pieces which I assume were mice or ground squirrels and I sealed best I could and that seems to have discouraged the little buggers some.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2020, 06:24 PM   #6
Fishsizzle

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
A 5 gallon tub of that stuff is $479 plus shipping. How much is used? It seems like this is a pretty pricey option for keeping mice out... BTW: Mouse traps with peanut butter are a waste of time. The mice ignore peanut butter. My pass through storage area was full of seeds and acorn pieces which I assume were mice or ground squirrels and I sealed best I could and that seems to have discouraged the little buggers some.
All I use is PB and it has worked for us.

The main culprit (highway) was the water hose into the “wet” box where it all connects. They just walked right up the hose. Folks here directed me to a plunger and it solved mouse problems
Fishsizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 03:55 AM   #7
RagingRobert
Gone Traveling

Same as #4...mouse free works very well...a little pricey and you need a sprayer. Peppermint oil also works...a teaspoon in small bowls here and there.
RagingRobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2020, 05:55 AM   #8
gregrc75

I used the expanding foam with rodent blocker ingredients when I first purchased my last two trailers (2011 and 2018). Knock on wood, no mice yet. I plugged any little gap with a minimal amount of foam since it expands so much. I still check around for holes constantly to make sure there are no new or missed holes.

Greg
2022 Cougar 25RDS
2024 GMC Sierra 2500HD gas
Fairhaven, MA
gregrc75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2020, 06:58 AM   #9
rdlhunter

I use Flex Tape. Use it for everything but is pricey and sticky to cut. You probably have seen the adds on TV
rdlhunter is offline   Reply With Quote