Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 07-01-2020, 06:28 PM   #1
sourdough
Site Team

Induction Cooktops and hot weather

The topic of induction cooktops has been talked about in multiple threads in the past. As we have sat here in the heat/humidity of FL we have, I think, a great benefit that some may not have.

I carry 2 Nuwave portable induction cooktops. I use them all the time but generally outside. With the heat and humidity I just hated using the cooktop. I don't cook on it but we do use it to boil water every morning in a teapot. Takes quite a while, the cast iron grates are thick and they retain heat forever seemingly. Enter the induction into the RV.

Although the ACs do an admirable job I just don't like feeling the heat from the stove top at this time of year. Put one of the induction cookers on the counter and used it for the hot water in the tea pot. Boiling in 1/4 of the time. Heat - none. Instead of outside, I boiled potatoes inside last night; no heat, quick and no mess. Much more controllable (and you know the temp) than the stove top.

We are huge fans of these things (there are other brands than Nuwave I believe). As everyone tries to find a way to stay cool, cut down on AC usage and find more convenience, I thought I would just throw that out and share it. We have been boiling the tea pot every morning for about 2 weeks and it is SO much better wanted to make sure everyone knew that option was there.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2020, 11:36 PM   #2
KRumm

I have one from Ikea $49... I do 90% of the cooking on it...
KRumm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2020, 03:26 AM   #3
busterbrown

I've been meaning to try induction cooking....never have. I may make my first purchase soon.
Hensley SwiftArrow Control Hitch with 1000 lb Spring Bars
Me, DW, (3) little DS's, and 1 rambunctious Boston Terrier

busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 06:40 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

I will say that we have literally stopped using our stove top and only use induction.....except at times when it is cold and we use the stove top for heat while heating a tea pot. No heat, so quick, no space taken up....we both love them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2020, 08:26 PM   #5
travelin texans

We had 2 of the NuWave cooktops also & the gas cooktop in out last 5th wheel was never used, used the induction cooktops indoors & out for 6+ years in the rv. Now DW uses them in our modular home about 75% of the time rather the stovetop.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote