Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 04-06-2023, 03:50 AM   #1
jasin1

Grass isn’t always greener

While in a Georgia Campground last week a guy pulled in with a absolutely gorgeous GD Solitude with full body paint.
I walked over after a while he was messing around with his truck and complimented him on the fifth wheel…it had the rear storage tray and front living room and was just like one my wife and i looked at recently. He said he ordered it with 8k axles and disk brakes,Generator,full paint and some other options..and double pane windows

He seemed like a pretty reserved,proper type of person…probably in his late 60s?…..maybe an accountant? in his former life…and at first he was proudly telling me about the rig and answering my questions.
Then he paused for a moment and looked around and started telling me HIS particular experience with the trailer..he had a 2021 i believe with a late 2020 build date

He started with the springs…said he has had the springs replaced because of a defect and was down for months while they tried to source new ones..he found them locally but GD wouldn’t approve because they already placed the order thru GD.
One window broke under warranty (frameless double pane) and took forever for GD to ship one and then when they did it was single pane one and non tinted …had to reorder
He started getting more animated at this point and said “did you notice when i pulled in????…..well my door was open!……MY! ….F&$#ING!…..DOOR!…. WONT STAY CLOSED!!!!!!….TWO LOCKS ..BOTH LOCKED AND WONT STAY CLOSED!!

He said he just got back from a rv show and confronted the GD reps in front of everyone and they agreed to fix whatever he needs but that’s yet to be seen

he took a deep breath and his wife yelled out from the trailer.. DO YOU PLAN ON EATING DINNER TONIGHT OR WHAT??

He looked back and i said “ well i should let you go now” … i told him it was still a great looking rv and i joked that i would avoid any built during the covid production years.
He was a nice guy and really did have a beautiful rig and once he gets his problems sorted he will be happy i’m sure

it just goes to show that many manufacturers have had quality problems lately
Old 04-06-2023, 04:44 AM   #2
dutchmensport

Sounds like he was a bit grumpy. Maybe you should have talked to him AFTER he had his supper!
Old 04-06-2023, 05:07 AM   #3
sourdough
Site Team

Strange you should bring this up. I just had one of the A/Cs replaced on my trailer while in FL. The guy doing it owned a mobile RV repair business and said he had been doing it for 25 years. In one of our conversations he was complimenting me on the trailer and I happened to mention I had been looking at a GD Solitude. His eyes opened wide and he started shaking his head; "you better be glad you didn't" he said, "those things are nothing but s#$x! I work on more of those than the other brands combined". He went on to say that it wasn't one thing, it was nearly everything that fell apart. I told him that was a different story from the word on the street. He told me not to believe what I heard, he did this every day for a living and to take his word for it....I did/do.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 10:19 AM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Strange you should bring this up. I just had one of the A/Cs replaced on my trailer while in FL. The guy doing it owned a mobile RV repair business and said he had been doing it for 25 years. In one of our conversations he was complimenting me on the trailer and I happened to mention I had been looking at a GD Solitude. His eyes opened wide and he started shaking his head; "you better be glad you didn't" he said, "those things are nothing but s#$x! I work on more of those than the other brands combined". He went on to say that it wasn't one thing, it was nearly everything that fell apart. I told him that was a different story from the word on the street. He told me not to believe what I heard, he did this every day for a living and to take his word for it....I did/do.
I’m hesitant to purchase another fifth wheel of any brand right now because i’ve had pretty good luck with mine so far. I hear the horror stories and kinda makes me appreciate mine a little more.
Old 04-06-2023, 04:01 PM   #5
Badbart56

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Was it Jose?

2010 FZ 405

2011 F350 6.7 Dually w/Banks Power making 510 hp and 1065 ft/lbs torque
Badbart56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2023, 04:21 PM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badbart56 View Post
Was it Jose?

How did you know??
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote