Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-05-2022, 04:55 PM   #1
HercFE

Winter Cover

Hello Everyone,

I live in MN and I need to store my new 2021 Arcadia 5th wheel outside during the winter. Does anyone use a cover? Is it worth it?

Thanks
HercFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 06:30 PM   #2
jasin1

mixed reviews on the site for covers…i have one and like it but many people do not..mine is a rv masking cover from amazon
Old 11-05-2022, 06:39 PM   #3
markdol1

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
mixed reviews on the site for covers…i have one and like it but many people do not..mine is a rv masking cover from amazon
how long have you had your rv masking cover ?I am looking for a new cover too and have been dissapointed with my past covers i.e. adco and element.I have never gotten more than 3 years wear from them without being ripped and fabric breakdown.
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2022, 06:45 PM   #4
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by markdol1 View Post
how long have you had your rv masking cover ?I am looking for a new cover too and have been dissapointed with my past covers i.e. adco and element.I have never gotten more than 3 years wear from them without being ripped and fabric breakdown.
only used one year so far …did notice a little tiny hole when i was taking it off but that was from me not covering a sharp edge..it’s heavy duty and didn’t make any scratches or rub marks on my rv
Old 11-06-2022, 05:51 AM   #5
ljdriscoll

I have been using a ADCO cover for the past 8 years. We have had a few small tears each year. We mark the spots and my wife get out the sewing machine and patches the tears.

2014 Cougar 33RES
2020 Silverado 2500HD 6.6 V8
ljdriscoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:47 AM   #6
Canonman

I also use the RV Masking cover. Good heavy duty cover. Multiple layers with a soft felt layer next to the RV. Lots of straps to keep it in place plus the buckles are in pockets so they can't scratch the finish either. Better made and heavier than the other covers we've had.
I am a fan of covering during our 6 months of off season.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MGL0182-Pano.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	187.2 KB
ID:	42212  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 05:02 PM   #7
HercFE

Cover

Thanks everyone.
HercFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2022, 06:46 PM   #8
foldbak

I'm not covering my Montana. At 65 I'm not comfortable walking around a roof covered in solar panels. However if I were to cover I would definitely use ripstop.

Tony & Donna & Murphy
2022 Montana HC 295RL, Solar Flex 400, Onan 3600 LPG, 2000 inverter, 200AH Lithium, 2020 GMC Denali 2500 6.6 Duramax, 10 speed Alison Trans, Demco 21K Auto Slide
foldbak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 03:56 PM   #9
musicman

Hi Herc, lived in Stillwater for 20 years. Bought a Keystone 2 years ago and outside store it on our off grid camp in Webster
WI. Have had no problems with it no rips at all. paid $400.00 New. I use 6 inch styro foam pool noodles on front and rear corners. I'm 73 years old I roll it up the ladder when covering the camper for the 6 month outdoor storage season. Just remember when you remove the cover for storage roll it very tight and tie with rope.. make sure that you fold it so that it opens with the sides folding open & dropping down the sides of camper. The wife and daughter made it so easy for me to roll it right up the ladder steps.. Then place right down the center of the camper roof, unroll back to front, flip left sde it then drops easily down then right side then clip. I center it on the ladder & slowly roll the cover up to roof...Alex
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2022, 10:39 PM   #10
dutchmensport

Use to cover when the trailers were smaller. Now that I'm dragging a 41 footer around and it's 11 feet (plus) high, dragging a heavy cover up on a ladder is just a bit too much now.

To cover or not to cover? It all depends upon if you plan on using your camper during the winter (snow and ice) months. If you plan on winter camping, then you do not want to cover. Once they get snow and ice on them, they become a frozen board. Removing them with ice and snow on them is next to impossible. And then, IF you can actually get them off, you have to store it somewhere. It's now wet and if you roll it up, it will mold on you (even in the winter).

Covering is OK if you do not plan on using the camper. But if you think you'll be using your camper during this time, then covering is NOT something you want to do .... especially once it starts snowing and freezing ice!
Old 01-05-2023, 01:17 PM   #11
Shasta Bob

Can you tell me about the cover im looking for a cover for my 315RLS?
2019 Cougar 315 RLS
Shasta Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2023, 05:16 PM   #12
musicman

Hello I bought a new ADCO COVER Designer Series for my 34FT Camper which is stored outside in Northern Wisconsin on our private off grid property. We have it now 2 years.
The cover is made very well and has gone through 2 snow seasons as we store it outside. I bought it online and it came very well boxed. Just last week we checked it for any issues and it was perfect as when we covered it in early Oct. I do suggest to protect the corners from possibly ripping from the upper roof water gutters just put small 8 inch foam pool noodles over any sharp areas on the roof corners and secure it with Duck tape. Also slide a 10 inch foam noodle over radio antenna when you lay it flat this way the cover is cushioned in these areas when snow fall comes. We are very satisfied with this purchase. In the Spring we roll & store the cover in a Rubbermaid 55 gallon garbage can... Good luck Alex
musicman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, winter