Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2022, 08:10 AM   #1
jared52

Fridge Drain

Hey folks. First post here, but have been lurking for a bit. We bought a 2021 Keystone Bullet 250BHS and it's been great for our family. I do hope one day to take out the dinette and put in some chairs so we'd have a more comfortable place to end the day, but on the other hand I wanted a trailer to force us outside more. That said, here's my question:

I was crawling around under the slide draining the front grey tank and I happened to be looking closely at the underside (I'm trying to find the source of a small "pop" that happens when the slide is closed that developed after I had the dealer adjust the slide because the adjuster(?) on the chain would hit the motor when the slide was coming in) and I noticed that there was a little tube coming out of the bottom of the slide. The slide has the dinette and the refrigerator and the tube is on the refrigerator side so I would assume that it's a drain for the refrigerator. The fridge is a 12v GE (if the model number is super important I can run outside and get it). But what I noticed was that the drain hose was plugged by some kind of black rubber sealant. It was like they sealed around the hole where the hose comes out and just went wild and filled the hose itself. I pulled the sealant out (it came out pretty easily) and maybe a drop of water came out.

I am curious why they would have plugged it and whether it should stay that way, or should I leave it unplugged. My gut says to keep it unplugged, but then I wonder what happened to any water that might have drained before. I have never noticed any water on the floor (other than when its SUPER humid and running the AC all night and it condenses inside which is another discussion I need to post about...).

What are your thoughts on this?
jared52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 11:31 AM   #2
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared52 View Post
Hey folks. First post here, but have been lurking for a bit. We bought a 2021 Keystone Bullet 250BHS and it's been great for our family. I do hope one day to take out the dinette and put in some chairs so we'd have a more comfortable place to end the day, but on the other hand I wanted a trailer to force us outside more. That said, here's my question:

I was crawling around under the slide draining the front grey tank and I happened to be looking closely at the underside (I'm trying to find the source of a small "pop" that happens when the slide is closed that developed after I had the dealer adjust the slide because the adjuster(?) on the chain would hit the motor when the slide was coming in) and I noticed that there was a little tube coming out of the bottom of the slide. The slide has the dinette and the refrigerator and the tube is on the refrigerator side so I would assume that it's a drain for the refrigerator. The fridge is a 12v GE (if the model number is super important I can run outside and get it). But what I noticed was that the drain hose was plugged by some kind of black rubber sealant. It was like they sealed around the hole where the hose comes out and just went wild and filled the hose itself. I pulled the sealant out (it came out pretty easily) and maybe a drop of water came out.

I am curious why they would have plugged it and whether it should stay that way, or should I leave it unplugged. My gut says to keep it unplugged, but then I wonder what happened to any water that might have drained before. I have never noticed any water on the floor (other than when its SUPER humid and running the AC all night and it condenses inside which is another discussion I need to post about...).

What are your thoughts on this?
While waiting on some good suggestions from the knowledge folks here take a minute & add the mandatory signature with the year, make & model of your rv & tow vehicle, this will help with future questions & as said it's mandatory.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drain, fridge