Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Keystone RV Service & Warranty Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 08-20-2022, 07:50 AM   #1
linjen

New 1800 RB Bullet 2022 Issues

Issues I have with my new 1800 RB Bullet
1. Drawers under kitchen sink, didn’t get it out of drive way both gave way in back brace 1/8 plywood
2.Refrigerator door will not open have to use screw driver,was fixed before we took possession.
3.Bath room sink Faucett leaked had to replace on my own,could not get it in for repairs for 2 months.Factory will replace old one but will not pay me for the one I installed.
4. Underbelly holds water after a rain,leaks from front of trailer runs in underbelly.
5. Glass turn table tray in Microwave will not stay in groove so will not turn when running.
6.Front door will shut only after slamming it 2 or more time more if sun shines on it.
7.Ceiling trim is falling off.
8. Red lights on top back of trailer not sealed and water coming in.
9. Dinning table and brackets came off wall, because factory did not install table brackets properly and only way it would fit was to loosen screws on Brackets
10.Electrical outlet fell off in Kitchen.
Other than these “MINOR ISSUES we love it.
We cannot get it into the dealer until the end of October.
linjen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 08:06 AM   #2
bsmith0404

Unfortunately, you’re dealing with some issues of a new trailer. Although some are more concerning than others, things like the microwave and refrigerator are more of an issue with a parts supplier than the rv itself. The fact that you cannot get it in until Oct is concerning with the water leaks. I’d be contacting Keystone and asking for approval to have a mobile tech to come and address those issues before more damage is done.
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2022, 08:09 AM   #3
dutchmensport

Here's the thing .... everything you listed is fixable by you. If you fix these items yourself you'll have the satisfaction knowing it was done right. Putty under the lights, rebuild a brace for the drawers, figure out where the water is coming from in the underbelly and seal it up.

Here's the thing ... under warranty, things will be fixed ONLY EXACTLY as they came from the factory. Which means, yea!!! they will fix it, but it will fail again as soon as you hitch up your tow vehicle. (How well I know ....)

Those drawer slides will be attached back to that think plywood. They might put more putty under those lights. You are much better off fixing these things yourself. You will know the quality of repair, you will "probably" never have issues with that same item again, and you'll get to know your camper intimately. ... not to mention ... you will not have months to wait, meanwhile ... water is leading to the underbelly from somewhere?
Old 11-03-2022, 07:26 AM   #4
wegone

Yeah, the more you learn, the more you can sit back and enjoy.

You LOVE IT, that you can't fix, its either you do, or don't, so you is way ahead of many right there

I had a Bullet, bigger than yours, a 2019 model, and I had to fix a lot of stuff.
The biggest was the shelf that held up the refrigerator collapsed when towing, and when I opened the door it almost took me out with it as it tumbled.

That shelf was just stapled in, and half of them missed hitting the support strips that I think were chop sticks

I rebuilt that, as well as an uneven cook top that slid out, nothing like cooking bacon in outside kitchen when the grease all ran to one side, wanting to spill out and ignite

I had to put in a new kitchen faucet, a new microwave, fix my door that like yours hard to close, etc...

Make it fun and remember all those folks who you see while towing that look at you going by and wishing they too had a trailer and all the fun it affords us.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 07:29 PM   #5
wiredgeorge

Eddie - the thread is stale and the OP hasn't been on the site since posting his litany of issues with his camper. Just venting I guess. Last seen 8/20.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:30 AM   #6
wegone

OK, thanks George.
Old 11-04-2022, 07:36 AM   #7
wiredgeorge

Many posts that are made by newcomers that are here to vent are one and done type deals. They are not looking for advice or help but just want to let the world know about their frustrations. Everyone who now owns or has owned an RV of any make or model knows there will be things that are somewhat less than perfect. Owners who have just purchased come in two varieties: 1. have purchased multiple units prior and expect some issues. 2. first time owners who think they are buying a luxury automobile and can't understand that a camper just ain't.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 07:39 AM   #8
wegone

Haha..... yeah, pulling a mini house down a bumpy road that is stapled together, I see no problems
Old 11-04-2022, 07:50 AM   #9
Camping family

Yep it’s a shame the quality of an rv is so bad. What’s so hard about just making sure things work properly. Yes when I purchased mine I expected like others everything to work. Expected to be able to hook up n go on a nice relaxing trip like others expected. I did not expect to go on the first trip have issues that dealer had to take care of. Then be told it would be at least 2 months before I would get it back. I’m a handy person n can fix most anything but when I bought a new camper I should not be expected to make repairs that should of been found before delivered to the dealer. Yes I did a good pdi but things happen after the first trip. I’m one of those who expect when you pay good money for something I expect it to work properly. All this about being built quick n we should expect to have to make repairs is for the birds customers should not have to accept poor quality workmanship. All I can say is I’m glade I know how to fix things or I would never get to camp cause it would always be in the shop
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 08:09 AM   #10
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Yep it’s a shame the quality of an rv is so bad. What’s so hard about just making sure things work properly. Yes when I purchased mine I expected like others everything to work. Expected to be able to hook up n go on a nice relaxing trip like others expected. I did not expect to go on the first trip have issues that dealer had to take care of. Then be told it would be at least 2 months before I would get it back. I’m a handy person n can fix most anything but when I bought a new camper I should not be expected to make repairs that should of been found before delivered to the dealer. Yes I did a good pdi but things happen after the first trip. I’m one of those who expect when you pay good money for something I expect it to work properly. All this about being built quick n we should expect to have to make repairs is for the birds customers should not have to accept poor quality workmanship. All I can say is I’m glade I know how to fix things or I would never get to camp cause it would always be in the shop
I don't think the quality in rv builds has actually gotten worse just recently, not any better either, it's just that now there are a lot more folks buying them & with so many social media outlets it's being published more for all to read. And not referring to anyone on here, but some folks just like to bitch & social media is a great platform for those folks!
I've owned several rvs from pop-ups to big 5th wheels for 45+ years, I also expect a quality product for my $$, but I've had repairs from either use, wear n tear, cheap materials, poor workmanship or lack of quality control on nearly every one of them I've owned, some more so than others, so it's not something new, you just hear/read about it more.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2022, 02:49 PM   #11
wegone

Having the luxury to travel with a trailer is just that, a luxury.

I have a boat too, but this year I just couldn't get it to run right.

I am pretty anal about boating safety, as I am about not being overweight with my trailer, etc, and I had to pay a professional to get it running perfect.

Yeah, it hurt my budget, but my peace of mind allows me to enjoy boating more.
Ditto with the trailer. I can fix what I can or pay others to fix it.

Frankly I have been ashamed to charge someone a couple of hundred dollars for 10 minutes of plumbing repairs, but that is just life.

To do it for free is a disservice to everyone, fellow plumbers, customer, etc.

You feed a wild animal it soon forgets it has to find food itself.

Look, we are fortunate to have such a luxury to complain about

Tags
bullet