Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 01-30-2023, 10:25 AM   #1
TheLakeGuy

TheLakeGuy

I have a Keystone cougar 26, new 2022.
Inverter model with solar panel.
Plugged in 30 watt service. None of the outlets have power. Microwave does, bathroom outlet does. Recliners work.
No TV, or any other 110 outlets. I checked every fuse. I have got to the breaker panel and it seems like each wire coming off the breaker reads 110. The only gfci I can see or find is the bathroom outlet. Where is this problem.
Bathroom gfi has only one wire coming in. Looking for some help.
TheLakeGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 10:34 AM   #2
jsb5717

Welcome aboard! Sorry for the trouble you're having. It sounds like a search and rescue mission to me. Also sounds like you got a good start on tracing where the current is. It won't be any of the 12v fuses or systems, just the 120v. If you're sure that you have 120v coming in to all parts of the electrical panel, and that current is flowing through every breaker then it's time to look downstream from there. Using a multimeter I would start going around to outlets to see where the power stops working. You could start pulling outlets, switches, and fixtures from the wall to check to make sure the wiring has good contact. The "pinch" contacts that are used aren't the best and it's possible for them to let go of a wire.
Demco Recon Hitch on RAM Puck Ball
jsb5717 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2023, 12:21 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

You left out a very important part of the mystery. Which Solar Flex system do you have installed in your trailer? Is it the Solar Flex 200 or the Solar Flex 400i ???

You also did not state whether those outlets do have power when the trailer is not plugged into shore power. If the outlets work properly when on battery/inverter power, then the outlets are functional and are not the problem.

If the outlets work when "unplugged from shore power" but do not work when "plugged into shore power", then the "common component" between battery provided inverter power and shore power to those outlets is the "transfer switch in the inverter". I'd take a very close look at the inverter to make sure the settings are correct and that the transfer switch is operating properly.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote