Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-24-2023, 10:44 AM   #1
Key2Cat

Leak front window

2022 cougar 26 RBS. When camper was delivered to us it was night, so the next day I looked it over top to bottom. There was a wet stain on king mattress left side against paneling ( took pictures). The next few days we had blowing rain storm and when I went in to check if there was a reason for stain and I found wet foam and carpet underneath was soaked. Plastic was still on mattress. Went on KS forum and saw that others have had this problem from end of accent lights not being caulked. After caulking problem solved. Until 1/21/23. We again had blowing rain storm and my pillow and added foam mattress was soaked again. We removed the frame and found evidence of water stains from top of frame down to bottom left corner. There is no insulation around window on the left side and bottom of window wind was blowing threw. So now we have to inspect the rubber gasket on outside of window outside. There is a split at top of gasket. My question is can this be caulked. The screws holding the frame together at the top is rusted. So we think it is coming in there and running down to bottom of frame inside and soaking bed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	9113A0B9-3932-4B82-BFCA-2DD90F9D054B.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	105.4 KB
ID:	42759   Click image for larger version

Name:	747D845C-41AB-4531-A72D-C5F8B4899AE7.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	133.4 KB
ID:	42760  
Key2Cat is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags