Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 01-20-2023, 04:34 AM   #21
Dennyha

Follow the sound to locate the pump. I’m guessing your pump is done. If the rubber diaphram fails, the pump will run but not pump water. You could disconnect the outlet line and use a helper to briefly turn the pump on to see if it pumps water.
Dennyha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 06:16 AM   #22
phillipank

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennyha View Post
Follow the sound to locate the pump. I’m guessing your pump is done. If the rubber diaphram fails, the pump will run but not pump water. You could disconnect the outlet line and use a helper to briefly turn the pump on to see if it pumps water.
I'll fill the tank this weekend and try it again. Hopefully it isn't shot because it is practically new and rarely ever used.

Thanks
phillipank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 09:52 AM   #23
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by phillipank View Post
I'll fill the tank this weekend and try it again. Hopefully it isn't shot because it is practically new and rarely ever used.

Thanks
I am not sure about RV water pumps but "rarely used" on pumps I am familiar with isn't the best for longevity.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2023, 11:00 AM   #24
phillipank

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
I am not sure about RV water pumps but "rarely used" on pumps I am familiar with isn't the best for longevity.
Could be. What I mean is, I've had the RV for a little over a year, and only used the fresh tank once. All others were full hookups. The previous owner had the RV for about 6 months and I don't know if they ever used it. It was first purchased in early 2021 and I got it in Nov of 2021.
Old 01-23-2023, 09:33 AM   #25
phillipank

I filled the tank but still no water from any faucets despite hearing the pump run. I don't want to take anything apart as it is still covered by my extended warranty. I am going to have a service center look at it as this should be covered.
Old 02-21-2023, 09:53 AM   #26
Rdynbama

We are experiencing the same problem on our Raptor, I can hear the pump running and gurgling noises from the faucets very little water coming out if any. Just filled the f/w tank yesterday so I know it’s full. This afternoon I’ll be emptying the basement and looking for the pump. Hopefully it has a filter that got crud in it!

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2023, 10:25 AM   #27
{tpc}

Question, does the pump ever "stop" running? Or does it run and run and run?

Also, are you describing that now you have no pressure from any faucet including the shower?

I guess what I am wondering, and forgive me if it was covered already, but I am wondering if there is a pump bypass installed for winterizing the unit, and maybe it is in the bypass position?

This would explain if the pump was running and running and no pressure out of the faucets, and city water hookups still work as designed. The reason you may have started with shower pressure is maybe there was some residual pressure built up in the lines when you first checked, and eventually that went away.

On my first trailer I installed a bypass like this myself right near the water pump. But you would need to remove screws for a panel to access it.
Old 02-21-2023, 05:57 PM   #28
Rdynbama

I spent the afternoon on it , unloading everything from the basement so I could crawl in there and remove the covers the problem was because the valves in the wet box are all labeled wrong, we got everything working and there’s a lot of sharpie notes in the wet box now
SMH

2011 F450 Lariat
Anderson Ultimate Hitch
Rdynbama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2023, 07:35 AM   #29
{tpc}

Rdynbama, glad you got it sorted out!

Tags
water, water pump