Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 01-07-2023, 02:43 PM   #61
Nitehawk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Balvar24 View Post
I've been looking at over the tank bike racks, but for (4) bikes, they get pretty spendy. $800 or so.
and how much are your bikes worth?
Nitehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 05:05 PM   #62
Balvar24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nitehawk View Post
and how much are your bikes worth?
Less than that.
Balvar24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 10:44 AM   #63
Max23

There has been some very good info throughout this thread. Personally, we have no intention and never have taken DW's bike along anywhere we have gone. Now, as we all know, my intentions might be solid but hers will probably change. Or does that never happen with women?? So, still very unsure what I would do in that case. It helps that I can't ride anymore as my knees won't take it so that has stopped her from wanting to take hers along now. I really hope it stays that way. Thanks for all the ideas and input though as I may be there at some point!!
Max23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 11:34 AM   #64
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max23 View Post
There has been some very good info throughout this thread. Personally, we have no intention and never have taken DW's bike along anywhere we have gone. Now, as we all know, my intentions might be solid but hers will probably change. Or does that never happen with women?? So, still very unsure what I would do in that case. It helps that I can't ride anymore as my knees won't take it so that has stopped her from wanting to take hers along now. I really hope it stays that way. Thanks for all the ideas and input though as I may be there at some point!!
I wouldn't touch the first part of your post "with a 10 foot pole" but the bolded part: Have you considered that the new E-bikes don't require any "knee power" ???? You may be closer to looking for ideas on how to transport bikes than you realize.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2023, 04:14 PM   #65
sourdough
Site Team

[QUOTE = Max23 There has been some very good info throughout this thread. Personally, we have no intention and never have taken DW's bike along anywhere we have gone. Now, as we all know, my intentions might be solid but hers will probably change. Or does that never happen with women?? So, still very unsure what I would do in that case. It helps that I can't ride anymore as my knees won't take it so that has stopped her from wanting to take hers along now. I really hope it stays that way. Thanks for all the ideas and input though as I may be there at some point!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I wouldn't touch the first part of your post "with a 10 foot pole" but the bolded part: Have you considered that the new E-bikes don't require any "knee power" ???? You may be closer to looking for ideas on how to transport bikes than you realize.....

^^^^LOL!! Max John is so on point. I had to quit riding bicycles because I've had so many knee surgeries and replacements. DW sees every bike trail, path etc. as that "beautiful, wonderful experience" just waiting for US to peddle down. My knees put that out of the question.....then she started looking at each and every trail lamenting "I wish we had ebikes - we could just go right down the trail" - EVERY trail she saw. After 2 years I relented and bought 2 new ebikes a few weeks back as a surprise and here's the deal if you have bad knees;

Don't take off, even after you have set the seat and handlebars "way up there for additional room" then use the power assist and try to pedal - your knee will lock in the fully compressed mode and you will have a devil of a time trying to get it "unlocked" while you are wobbling and swaying down the trail. Once you get that undone don't try to make a short U turn and hit the pedal - the power assist will come in and shoot you right "out there" or ?? Lots of other little things to get used to....including the pain in the wallet - to experience all those "beautiful, wonderful" things she wants to see. Only gone out a few times so far but I can tell you.....it was worth every penny. I just sit on the seat and turn the throttle now and buzz along, she likes to "pedal".

So Max, don't worry about the knees - it won't matter. Shuffle around in the wallet for a chunk of change for the bikes and watch DW's eyes light up - not THAT'S how it's worth it.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2024, 02:31 PM   #66
Shag

I have a 2017 Passport Grand Touring with factory spare mounted to the rear "bumper" Have to believe its factory, a search showed many equiped like mine.
Shag is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bike, bike rack, rack