Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Technical Corner > In Command Systems
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2022, 06:40 AM   #1
seanrmz

In Command " front AC" display removal

Hello everyone, I have a 30RLS with only 1 ac in the rear. I dont have the front ac in the room. Is there any way to remove the or dis-activate the screen display on the In Command for the front ac. Its just a hassle to always hit the HVAC then skim over the setting in the screen. My wife always tried to set the settings for the ac that not there. Then says the system is broken to realize it not there.. hahaah

thanks sean
Old 12-25-2022, 08:09 AM   #2
RollaMo

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrmz View Post
Hello everyone, I have a 30RLS with only 1 ac in the rear. I dont have the front ac in the room. Is there any way to remove the or dis-activate the screen display on the In Command for the front ac. Its just a hassle to always hit the HVAC then skim over the setting in the screen. My wife always tried to set the settings for the ac that not there. Then says the system is broken to realize it not there.. hahaah

thanks sean

I know exactly what you are asking about, but to my knowledge there isn't any way of removing that from the display.
Ours is the same way, always have to skip over the first choice (front A/C) to get to the settings for the main rear A/C.
Old 12-25-2022, 08:17 PM   #3
M&M2

If you email ASA and provide your VIN they can modify the floor plan and send you a the edit on USB. Mine initially was set up with three and I agree it was annoying.
Old 12-26-2022, 05:13 AM   #4
seanrmz

thanks M&M, I will do that. At lease I know there is a turnaround

sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by M&M2 View Post
If you email ASA and provide your VIN they can modify the floor plan and send you a the edit on USB. Mine initially was set up with three and I agree it was annoying.
Old 12-27-2022, 01:59 PM   #5
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanrmz View Post
Yes, I've done it.

ASA sent me a floorplan file as part of some fix or other. I realized it was trivial to edit the floorplan file with a standard text editor to change names (I got rid of the adjectives in the AC and slide titles since I have only one of each; I named the gray tanks with F and R instead of numbers) and to disable the front AC, which I don't have. Makes things easier, especially for DW.

You may need geek talent to do this properly, as there are a couple sets of controls that look similar but only one does what you want. For the heck of it, I'll attach the "stock" floorplan I got from ASA (it's good only for my model, of course) and the modified version I run now; and that should enable you to figure it out. It actually ends in .json, but I had to add .txt to get the forum to upload it.

You should contact ASA to get the floorplan for your year and model; then with an editor you can customize it as you wish, and with a thumb drive you can install it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	29D5AF65-6BFE-4D76-A7B7-2DD008AA0C0D.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	42540   Click image for larger version

Name:	37AD04B5-48A9-4926-A4C0-7EC5F0E3D03A.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	54.4 KB
ID:	42541  
Attached Files
File Type: txt CG26RBS18 50A_3.0.orig.json.txt (6.7 KB, 124 views)
File Type: txt CG26RBS18 50A_3.0.json.txt (6.7 KB, 115 views)
File Type: pdf How to Load Floor Plan NCSP3_NCSP35.pdf (73.8 KB, 229 views)
Old 12-27-2022, 03:09 PM   #6
M&M2

I did the same as LHaven and made additional edits. Named lights, tanks, eliminated generator and vent controls I don’t have. It’s not hard to do and low risk. Just keep a copy of floor plan ASA sends you and you can always go back to one that works. ASA has been helpful and responded quickly as I went through the process.
Old 12-29-2022, 01:20 AM   #7
pasayten

I have a 2021 Cougar 26rbs and edited the InCommnd floor plan to remove the annoying "Front AC". :-)

2022 GMC 2500HD Sierra Denali Crew Cab Gas
2021 Cougar R26RBS
pasayten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:49 AM   #8
GASII

ASA? Please provide info on how to email. Thanks so much for the ongoing info
GASII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2023, 10:51 AM   #9
LHaven

ASA Electronics support: customerservice at asaelectronics.com
Old 08-24-2023, 11:18 AM   #10
Squanto

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Yes, I've done it.

ASA sent me a floorplan file as part of some fix or other. I realized it was trivial to edit the floorplan file with a standard text editor to change names (I got rid of the adjectives in the AC and slide titles since I have only one of each; I named the gray tanks with F and R instead of numbers) and to disable the front AC, which I don't have. Makes things easier, especially for DW.

You may need geek talent to do this properly, as there are a couple sets of controls that look similar but only one does what you want. For the heck of it, I'll attach the "stock" floorplan I got from ASA (it's good only for my model, of course) and the modified version I run now; and that should enable you to figure it out. It actually ends in .json, but I had to add .txt to get the forum to upload it.

You should contact ASA to get the floorplan for your year and model; then with an editor you can customize it as you wish, and with a thumb drive you can install it.
It's too bad there isn't a method (maybe there is) to download the existing floorplan.
Old 08-31-2023, 03:01 PM   #11
Gibber

InCommand Editor?

I was going to contact ASA to request my floor plan file and in the process I came across this:

https://in-command.net/wp-content/up...floor_plan.pdf

It claims to be able edit your floor plan using the inCommand Lite app on your cell. I won't have access to my TT for a week or so but would be interested to hear if anyone has had any success with this approach.
Gibber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 03:15 PM   #12
LHaven

An interesting find! I never came across this because it's for the "Lite" version of the app, which doesn't work at all on my system. (I use the "RV" version, as I think all Keystone owners do.)

I know you can't do this stuff from the DCM, but I never tried it from the app.

Turns out, the RV version does have a capability to do the same, but very limited. You can rename and reorder lights, awnings, and slides, but you can't rename tanks or HVAC units, and you can't disable HVAC units you don't have, two of the most popular requests. They don't appear on the Lite page you found, either.

(Oddly, the "Awnings" menu comes up empty, while my awning appears under the "Slides" menu.)
Old 08-31-2023, 05:21 PM   #13
Squanto

I'd like to move my water pump on/off to a different icon too. Maybe tanks? It seems funny that you can toggle the pump from the DC without even putting in the code, but from the app you go into an icon where there is only one thing you can do. The water icon should toggle the pump.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:43 PM   #14
LHaven

The security code on the DCM is not related to the security code on the app. They don't even have to be the same code. The app code just controls who can access the app (I think it should be optional, but ASA told me long ago that wasn't going to happen).

The lights/water pump availability from the DC without entering the code seems strange... until the first time you pull over at night with a frantic need to use the toilet -- then you will be glad you don't need to enter a code into a finicky touchscreen before you can safely uncross your legs.
Old 08-31-2023, 05:50 PM   #15
JRTJH
Site Team

There was a "snippet" (space filler) in the May 2023 issue of RV Magazine on page 17.

It showed a photo of the In-Command touch screen with this comment below the photo"

"If the RV is equipped with an iN-Command control center and it malfunctions, try resetting the system by disconnecting shore power and the vehicle's batteries for a couple of minutes, then reconnecting.

If the iN-Command's touchscreen is still nonfunctional, it can sometimes be recalibrated by connecting a PC mouse to the unit's USB port (on the top of the display) and taking control manually."

Has anyone tried this on their display unit? If so, what were your results ???

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2023, 06:18 PM   #16
LHaven

I've never had the system fail so badly that rebooting via holding down the left DCM button failed me.

As for the other, there was a posting right here within the past month from a guy who used the recalibrate touchpanel function on the DCM and then accidentally touched it far off the target mark, such that it set a new calibration that made it physically impossible to touch the recalibrate button afterward. He used the mouse trick and regained control over his touchscreen trivially.
Old 09-01-2023, 10:28 AM   #17
tallen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
Yes, I've done it.

Thanks for this LHaven!!! I just finished tweaking my floor plan. I got all the tanks to show new names and front AC to not show optional, and while I was in there, I was trying to figure out how to get the Awning light to show up at the bottom of screen, next to the Lights Interior but, I fail Oh well, I haev to get back to my day job and come back to that again another time.
2005 F250 6.0L 4x4 Diesel SRW

tallen is offline   Reply With Quote