Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campfire Chatter
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2022, 02:24 PM   #1
wegone

No fires allowed....

Interesting video.

You'll need to copy and paste it to your browser, it won't link directly from here.

One BIG question I wonder about is how much of all this data can be contributed to first time clueless folks buying am RV?

Look, I am guilty, in 2019 my wife said "Let's just stop and look."
I left with a payment and just as ignorant, if not more so, than when I walked into the dealership.

How much of ALL OF THE ISSUES, with and WITHOUT COVID, can we just say is not factoring in the inexperience of folks and a whim, of wanting it and wanting it RIGHT NOW?

Mine was a 2 plus year learning experience, clueless we bought with our eyes, not our needs, which we didn't even know what they were

We got what we want now, and don't really care about the "market" or honestly "quality" because it is mine now, we love the life, and I am not a victim if I take control of the things I can in my life to make it what I desire it to be.
wegone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 02:26 PM   #2
wegone

https://youtu.be/5DM8huPsqiY

This link works
Old 11-25-2022, 05:25 PM   #3
Alpine Custom Upgrade

Wanting it NOW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Island Eddie View Post
Interesting video.

You'll need to copy and paste it to your browser, it won't link directly from here.

One BIG question I wonder about is how much of all this data can be contributed to first time clueless folks buying am RV?

Look, I am guilty, in 2019 my wife said "Let's just stop and look."
I left with a payment and just as ignorant, if not more so, than when I walked into the dealership.

How much of ALL OF THE ISSUES, with and WITHOUT COVID, can we just say is not factoring in the inexperience of folks and a whim, of wanting it and wanting i RIGHT NOW?

Mine was a 2 plus year learning experience, clueless we bought with our eyes, not our needs, which we didn't even know what they were

We got what we want now, and don't really care about the "market" or honestly "quality" because it is mine now, we love the life, and I am not a victim if I take control of the things I can in my life to make it what I desire it to be.
I have a motto about purchasing anything. NEVER buy ANYTHING the same day I looked at it. SHOP around to see what else is out there that I may like better. That has saved me quite a few times from making a mistake. Glad that you like your purchase and hoping that it continues to work well for you.
2012 Freightliner M2 112 2L Conversions
450HP Detroit DD13 1,650 torque,
Allison 4000 automatic, 4.30 gear
Alpine Custom Upgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 06:48 PM   #4
wegone

Yeah, I like that thinking.

I didn't pull the trigger on this one until days later.
After we talked it over, wife and I, we told them what we would need to make it work.
They said it couldn't be done.
Thanked them for their time and I settled in to just keeping what we had.
Then one morning my wife said she gave it lots of thought and wanted the other one, after 40 plus years I know which battles to fight, this was not one of them.
That very same day we get a text from the salesman really pumped up and wanting to deal.
They gave us what we wanted for our trade, (a little more than what we had paid for it) but they couldn't install the TV.
Wife really wanted it so I said OK, I want to live a few more years.
I had a smart TV I don't even watch, fit perfect, all I had to buy was a swing out mount so we could turn it around and watch it from bed, easy install except those 4-inch lags just a tad long for an outside (interior) wall...