Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Odds 'n Ends
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2022, 02:32 PM   #21
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux3 View Post
I don't know how accurate this site is for other states but it's only kinda right for NY.
If you have an ebike with a throttle and it's not an assist type, that is you don't have to peddle to go, and it's faster than 20 MPH (or 23 MPH depending on who you ask) it's a motorcycle and you must register it and have a MC endorsement on your license.
However, in the real world currently it's all rather murky and randomly enforced.

Missouri charges a road tax on EV's and it's going up.
https://showmeinstitute.org/blog/tra...s-coming-soon/
Lectric brand is a class 1 or 2….but you can unlock a feature in the touchscreen to make it a class 3 ..up to 30 miles an hour but honestly it was fast enough and we used pedal assist most of the time ..didn’t go over 17 miles an hour ever even when pedaling along ..but 99.9% we were just cruising along in pedal assist 3 for me and 1 for my wife …probably under 12 miles an hour i guess …very enjoyable ride
Old 11-14-2022, 03:34 PM   #22
sourdough
Site Team

Thanks for the pics and info Brian. I'll be ordering the covers as soon as I get off the forum as well as some air tags and chains. After I get them I'm going to do a bit of measuring thinking I may get the 50gal. totes. I'm with you, I would far rather them be inside than on a bike rack or in the bed of the truck.

From what I've read and researched the bikes will be as you said; class 1, 2, or 3 depending on settings. Where we go I doubt there is any concern by anyone by what class they are....I doubt anyone has any idea. Visited with a deputy sheriff in Leon county about riding them on the asphalt trails they've made all over the place and asked him about the classes, any prohibited etc.; he just looked at me and told me to be courteous and don't drive dangerously.... don't know if he knew the classes or not.

I've been visiting with a few of the old folks around that have these discussing forming a "club"; maybe something with a black jacket and emblem on the back...something like that. Eyeing these trails thinking they would be the ideal place "stake out our territory" and terrorize everyone. Sat in the middle of a group of bikers called "Cossacks" gassing up on the way down; BIL was a Bandito; seen a few Hell's Angels. We were kicking around a name for our band of desperados.....maybe "Geezers"?? This said in jest as I find it humorous to think of a couple of geriatric old farts "terrorizing" a bike path as was worried about....
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2022, 03:46 PM   #23
jasin1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Thanks for the pics and info Brian. I'll be ordering the covers as soon as I get off the forum as well as some air tags and chains. After I get them I'm going to do a bit of measuring thinking I may get the 50gal. totes. I'm with you, I would far rather them be inside than on a bike rack or in the bed of the truck.

From what I've read and researched the bikes will be as you said; class 1, 2, or 3 depending on settings. Where we go I doubt there is any concern by anyone by what class they are....I doubt anyone has any idea. Visited with a deputy sheriff in Leon county about riding them on the asphalt trails they've made all over the place and asked him about the classes, any prohibited etc.; he just looked at me and told me to be courteous and don't drive dangerously.... don't know if he knew the classes or not.

I've been visiting with a few of the old folks around that have these discussing forming a "club"; maybe something with a black jacket and emblem on the back...something like that. Eyeing these trails thinking they would be the ideal place "stake out our territory" and terrorize everyone. Sat in the middle of a group of bikers called "Cossacks" gassing up on the way down; BIL was a Bandito; seen a few Hell's Angels. We were kicking around a name for our band of desperados.....maybe "Geezers"?? This said in jest as I find it humorous to think of a couple of geriatric old farts "terrorizing" a bike path as was worried about....
my one xxl bike cover fits both bikes together..no need for separate ones unless you prefer that.

we had a couple of guys years ago that used to come in my neighborhood bar..they are twin brothers and a little eccentric..dressed in full leather…chains ..big knives …each of them weighed about 100 lbs…they both drove scooters because they lost their licenses years ago

they would pull up to the bar with the full leather and everything lol
Old 11-15-2022, 04:10 AM   #24
notanlines

Since pedal-assist seems to be necessary, I believe 'Wheezers" might be just as apropos.
There is just no telling where this might end...Black brogue cycle shoes, multi-colored-knee high support hose, long-sleeved nylon shirts with any number of good products for the elderly emblazoned.
2021 40' Jayco Eagle
2001 Road king w/matching Harley sidecar
2021 Yamaha X2 Wolverine 1000
notanlines is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2022, 06:41 AM   #25
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by notanlines View Post
Since pedal-assist seems to be necessary, I believe 'Wheezers" might be just as apropos.
There is just no telling where this might end...Black brogue cycle shoes, multi-colored-knee high support hose, long-sleeved nylon shirts with any number of good products for the elderly emblazoned.
Can't you behave?
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote