Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2022, 05:22 PM   #21
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roper46 View Post
Have you tried holding the power button on the display until the display restarts? Had to do this to mine a couple times.

Yea that always reboots it and then it works in my 2016 414 but when you wake up at night and want to turn on a light to go to the bathroom or you hear a noise outside and the only way to turn on the outside security lights is via that locked up panel it's ridiculous, it's a serious safety issue. One day someone's going to trip on the stairs cus they couldn't turn on their lights and Keystone's gonna be sued into the next hemisphere... Lights should have backup switches if they can't install a bloody working product.
Jennifer Fuzion 414 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 05:26 PM   #22
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekSquadOfUn View Post
I've had iN-Command for close to 4 years now on our 2019 Cougar 5th wheel and it's worked flawlessly. Never any issues.

Have you updated to the most recent version ?

https://in-command.net/control-systems/

Pick the correct version you have and you'll see the latest updates.

Good luck.

I'm afraid to update mine for fear it will not come back after the reboot or come back with even more problems, anyone else upgraded and it went smoothly?
Old 10-21-2022, 05:38 PM   #23
Camping family

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennifer Fuzion 414 View Post
I'm afraid to update mine for fear it will not come back after the reboot or come back with even more problems, anyone else upgraded and it went smoothly?
Every time I have updated I had no issues
2021 3761 fl Montana 5th wheel
Pulled with a 2022 F350 King Ranch
Retired LEO after 35 years just enjoying life now.
Camping family is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2022, 07:18 PM   #24
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camping family View Post
Every time I have updated I had no issues
Thanks..... I may give it a try.
Old 10-22-2022, 03:14 AM   #25
jasin1

people that are having trouble with the first generation of in·command ( bluetooth only connection between bcm and touchscreen) …could the problem with the touchscreen losing bluetooth connection be compounded by …a lot of stuff piled around the bcm in the storage bay, other nearby bluetooth items causing interference,wifi signals or even interference from led or fluorescent lighting? ..maybe having your phone on bluetooth is causing interference also

i wonder if a half assed remedy is moving the touchscreen closer in proximity to the bcm if possible

i’d also install a separate hallway light which shouldn’t be hard at all…bedroom light as well

yeah i know it’s not perfect but unless your willing to spend big bucks on an upgrade this might be something to think about
Old 10-22-2022, 07:19 AM   #26
flybouy
Site Team

As for a light in an emergency.... my father always kept a flashlight on the nightstand. He said if it were an emergency, (like a fire) the electric may be off and the lights won't be of any value. I've found this to be true.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 07:56 AM   #27
JRTJH
Site Team

I bought a set of 4 battery powered motion sensor lights (intended for closet lights) and used foam tape to mount them at the top and bottom of the stairs, in the bathroom by the light switch and just inside the trailer entry door. Now, when approaching the stairs from either direction, when opening the bathroom door and when opening the trailer main door, a light comes on to illuminate the area. I bought them about 3 years ago and they're still on the original batteries, so, IMO, pretty "long lived lights"....

https://www.amazon.com/Wotermly-Cord...09MCJ52Z2&th=1
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	battery motion sensor lights.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	47.7 KB
ID:	42070  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:30 AM   #28
travelin texans

Quote:
Yea that always reboots it and then it works in my 2016 414 but when you wake up at night and want to turn on a light to go to the bathroom or you hear a noise outside and the only way to turn on the outside security lights is via that locked up panel it's ridiculous, it's a serious safety issue. One day someone's going to trip on the stairs cus they couldn't turn on their lights and Keystone's gonna be sued into the next hemisphere... Lights should have backup switches if they can't install a bloody working product.
Back in July 2013 we went to the rally for our 5th wheel brand where they gave us a factory tour & a sneak peek at the new '14s that we're about to hit the dealers, the big selling point was what's now called the In-Command system. They ask our opinions on the system after showing it off, most were just thrilled & what a great idea. I however gave them a disappointing review especially concerning the lighting. I told them 1st I'd have find a flashlight to find my glasses to see the screen then scroll around to whatever lights or other item I wanted on if I didn't fall down or up the stairs on the way as they mounted the screen at eye level about the middle step towards the upstairs. I said I could find light switches & operate them with my eyes closed quicker & easier with no flashlight or glasses. But now we know those that were thrilled with it got their latest greatest doodad, sounds like it & the KeyTv were great upgrades, sorry I missed out on both.......NOT!
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 08:54 AM   #29
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
As for a light in an emergency.... my father always kept a flashlight on the nightstand. He said if it were an emergency, (like a fire) the electric may be off and the lights won't be of any value. I've found this to be true.

As a retired LEO, my nightstand's fully equipped as is the AR to mitigate the outside lights not working, but we're not all me.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:55 AM   #30
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
back in july 2013 we went to the rally for our 5th wheel brand where they gave us a factory tour & a sneak peek at the new '14s that we're about to hit the dealers, the big selling point was what's now called the in-command system. They ask our opinions on the system after showing it off, most were just thrilled & what a great idea. I however gave them a disappointing review especially concerning the lighting. I told them 1st i'd have find a flashlight to find my glasses to see the screen then scroll around to whatever lights or other item i wanted on if i didn't fall down or up the stairs on the way as they mounted the screen at eye level about the middle step towards the upstairs. I said i could find light switches & operate them with my eyes closed quicker & easier with no flashlight or glasses. But now we know those that were thrilled with it got their latest greatest doodad, sounds like it & the keytv were great upgrades, sorry i missed out on both.......not!

ex act lee!!!!!
Old 10-22-2022, 08:56 AM   #31
Jennifer Fuzion 414

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasin1 View Post
people that are having trouble with the first generation of in·command ( bluetooth only connection between bcm and touchscreen) …could the problem with the touchscreen losing bluetooth connection be compounded by …a lot of stuff piled around the bcm in the storage bay, other nearby bluetooth items causing interference,wifi signals or even interference from led or fluorescent lighting? ..maybe having your phone on bluetooth is causing interference also

i wonder if a half assed remedy is moving the touchscreen closer in proximity to the bcm if possible

i’d also install a separate hallway light which shouldn’t be hard at all…bedroom light as well

yeah i know it’s not perfect but unless your willing to spend big bucks on an upgrade this might be something to think about

I mean no disrespect but have you seen where these two items are installed in most coaches? In my 414 they're less than 8' apart. the BCM is under the stairs going up to the bedroom and the panel is above the stairs directly in front of you as you walk in. If they were any closer they're would be no need for the panel at all.
Old 10-22-2022, 08:57 AM   #32
flybouy
Site Team

IIRC about 7 years ago I bought a replacement led pancake light for our bathroom from Starlights Inc. It has the ability to add modules in-between the light lenses. I bought the motion sensor and the night light modules. The night light is just enough to find your way to the bathroom with door open in the dark. As soon as you reach the doorway the light comes on.

This was handy while entering the bathroom from inside at night but invaluable when entering from the outside at night. There's a switch on the wall beside the door but at night it was either leave the light on all the time or stuble/fumble in the dark looking for it when accessing from the outside door.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 10:05 AM   #33
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I bought a set of 4 battery powered motion sensor lights (intended for closet lights) and used foam tape to mount them at the top and bottom of the stairs, in the bathroom by the light switch and just inside the trailer entry door. Now, when approaching the stairs from either direction, when opening the bathroom door and when opening the trailer main door, a light comes on to illuminate the area. I bought them about 3 years ago and they're still on the original batteries, so, IMO, pretty "long lived lights"....

https://www.amazon.com/Wotermly-Cord...09MCJ52Z2&th=1

The motion sensing lights are great IMO. Our trailer came with them in various places including on the stairs. It comes on as you approach the stairs from top or bottom, when you open the front door or, sometimes, when you come out of the bedroom to the bathroom. The only downside to that location is that it comes on off and on through the nite as puppy decides to go from one bed to another. The pass through had them but I added more for more light, in the front battery and storage compartments, under cabinets etc. On those addons I got lights about 8"L x 2"W with adhesive magnetic strips. You just recharge them and put them back. We really like them.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 05:50 PM   #34
jasin1

Quote:
I mean no disrespect but have you seen where these two items are installed in most coaches? In my 414 they're less than 8' apart. the BCM is under the stairs going up to the bedroom and the panel is above the stairs directly in front of you as you walk in. If they were any closer they're would be no need for the panel at all.
yep i have the 3rd gen i believe in my fifth wheel…wasn’t sure where your bcm was in relation to the touchscreen …even moving it 2 ft closer might help immensely…but i’d also see if there is anything at all that could be interfering with the signal…things piled too close to the bcm in the basement…insulation on the ceiling of the basement..or an extra carpet on the floor etc…doesn’t take much to interrupt an already weak signal

Tags
fuzion