Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 10-27-2020, 08:40 PM   #21
LHaven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thinkingtoyhauler View Post
Did you ever opt to add the heat strip?
I didn't. I've had so many "gotta fix" issues with my Cougar since I bought it that I have not yet made it into the "nice to have" category. Even now, I'm waiting for notification from my dealer of the arrival of my new entry door (the old one is slowly tearing itself apart).

What I did do is purchase a Lux plug-in thermostat* for my electric heat cube to keep the heat even, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable that little unit keeps my entire rig. And there's very little noise involved, compared to the AC fan (which would also run for the heat pump), which is deafening.

*(If you buy one of these, read the instructions. Any temperature you set is temporary only for one day, then it reverts to the programmed defaults. Confused the heck out of us until I discovered I needed to change the seven-day program to the temperature we liked. Had I realized this, I would have bought one of their simpler models, of which they offer tons.)
Old 10-30-2020, 03:21 PM   #22
Customer1

Quote:
Originally Posted by LHaven View Post
...What I did do is purchase a Lux plug-in thermostat* for my electric heat cube to keep the heat even, and I've been pleasantly surprised at how comfortable that little unit keeps my entire rig....
I've now purchased two of those thermostats. They turn a clearance aisle $10 electric heater into a precise heating system. I've also used it with a cheap window air conditioner in the house.

Tags
heat, roof