Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-14-2015, 11:16 AM   #1
apachewolf

Hello from Green Valley, AZ

New to this forum. Just purchased a 2015 Laredo 240MK. Sold my Lance 2180 it was too small in the bathroom area.

Happy camping.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 01:11 PM   #2
14george

to the fourm done two mods to mine awning over slide out and made the table to a pedestal. Only thing I do not like is the shower and bathroom sink drain into the black tank.
Old 09-14-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
bsmith0404

Welcome from your NM neighbors.

Brent
2013 Alpine 3500RE
2019 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
U.S. Air Force Retired (25 yrs)
bsmith0404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 03:41 PM   #4
sourdough
Site Team

to the forum and congrats on the new rig.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2015, 07:33 PM   #5
theeyres

Welcome. We moved to Green Valley three years ago after full-timing for three years and love it here. Are you familiar with the Green Valley Roadrunners? It is a somewhat small group that tries to go on outings every month or two in the winter. It's a great group. We meet every monty for breakfast to eat (what else do you do in Green Valley?) and discuss future trips. Next meeting is Oct 8. Private Message me if you are interested in more info. The Oct. Rally is full but there will be a Thanksgiving Rally. Here are the details to show you what we do.

Betty Spirito is once again (thank you Betty!) rally host and coordinating our Benson AZ Thanksgiving 2015 rally to be held at Butterfield RV Resort and Observatory in Benson, Arizona. We will arrive Wednesday, November 25 and depart on Saturday November 28.

Refer to the two attachments below that give all the particulars plus some. The Roadrunners did this last year and it was a lot of fun. A beautiful, clean park, and Thanksgiving dinner is provided by Butterfield! All we have to do is bring a side dish or dessert. What a great way to enjoy a stress-free holiday in the company of friends.

RESERVATIONS ARE TO BE MADE WITH THE RALLY HOSTS. Please contact Betty or Mike Spirito at 520-399-1471 or Betty's cell. at 520-661-2427. Payment is required with reservations by November 17, 2015.

I hope you can spend Thanksgiving with us at Butterfield and look forward to seeing you there.

2007 33.5' Arctic Fox Fifth Wheel used for full-timing for several years--now sold
2011 Hideout 23RKSWE that we now use for poking around local parks
2007 Chevy 3/4 ton diesel with Prodigy Brake Control
theeyres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 09:46 AM   #6
apachewolf

Introduction.

A heartfelt “THANK YOU” to all that have welcomed me here. Below is a short introduction and explanation of how we got here.

After years of owning a LANCE TT we decided to go with a Keystone Laredo 240MK, because of the much better layout for the bathroom. We took possession of the 240MK on August 27, 2015 and got ready to go to Mesa AZ where we had leased a spot for 4 months in May 2015. However unfortunately we had to leave Mesa after only 5 days. On the 3ed day we realized that the fridge Dometic fridge and freezer did not work properly. Also one of the dinette benches began to fall apart. So we returned it to the dealer in Tucson and went home to Green Valley AZ.

It turns out that Keystone had “forgotten” to cut a hole in the roof for the fridge chimney so the heat could not escape. We also found that although there is a working light switch labeled “Patio” there is no patio light. But overall we think the 240MK may work out for us.

I think that Keystone could have been a little more “generous” with electrical outlets. Along the whole “street side” there are no outlets, and those in the kitchen are placed in the middle of the overhead cabinet bottom so that when anything is plugged in the cord will be dangling instead of mounting the outlets back the outside wall where the cords would be out of the way. The TV situation is a nightmare. There are all kinds of possibilities but NO place to put a sat receiver. I am now looking at perhaps going with a smaller TV and make a shelf behind the 39” to hold the receiver.

Prior to purchasing this unit we had been looking at many different brands, but decided that the 240MK would be the best choice. I watched a YouTube clip about the quality of the 240 MK where the quality of the cabinets and overall quality was presented. In hindsight I think the guy (a dealer) was exaggerating in the video. Instead of the glorified workmanship with “dove tailed” drawers I find a load of cheap staples to hold things together.

But we’ll see what happens going forward. Towing this camper is easy with my 2014 Ford F150 Ecoboost. We are getting about 12-14 mpg overall towing and running about town. My old 2007 F150 with a 5.4 l V8 got us much less with the Lance towed.

I hope to learn a lot more about my 240MK here. I have already learned quite a bit about doo-able mods and will continue to learn.

Happy camping to all.
apachewolf is offline   Reply With Quote