Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 02-15-2013, 06:40 PM   #1
Brian in PA

Where to buy interior doors

Hi! I was wondering where i can buy a replacement interior door for our avalanche fifth wheel. It is a six panel light cherry? finish. I really would rather avoid the hassle of going through the dealer. Thanks for the help!
Brian in PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 05:21 PM   #2
laidback

When I needed a couple of cabinet doors, Keystone told me the only way was to go through a dealer because of the odd size.
Old 02-16-2013, 11:33 PM   #3
KanTC

Hi Brian,

You'll probably have to place an order through a dealer... Keystone typically doesn't sell directly
to the public, and retail RV parts stores usually carry 'universal' replacement parts.

You might try to track down a salvaged Avalanche -OR- an RV salvage facility in your area, but that
may turn out to be more work/hassle than simply ordering from the dealer.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 08:54 AM   #4
hankpage
Site Team

I would go to a GOOD local lumber yard with the measurements of your present door and see what they can come up with for a replacement. An unfinished door can be stained to match any decor. You may not match the style of door but once installed ..... who would know???? I think any paneled door would look fine. JM2˘, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:08 AM   #5
Bob Landry

The thing to keep in mind when looking for replacement items is that the RV builders are not going to custom build their own components. it's too expensive and goes against everything they believe in as far as keeping costs down. Plumbing, electrical fixtures, air conditioner grills, et. are going to be common shelf items, the question becomes, who's shelf. As far as doors, cabinets, etc., I would try to find out who the supplier is and then start looking for a source. It's unlikely that Keystone is going to divulge that information, but it's worth a call to customer service. One thing to consider, is that on items that they buy and use in quantity, they may have some components custom made.
I personally think that by the time you spend time trying to track down a door, and then take a chance on trying to match the color, do cutouts for hinges and knobs, you are probably going to spend close to as much as you would if you just ordered it from Keystone. Then there's the tools and expertise to do all of that. If you order a door, there may be subtle differences in color because of different lot numbers of the finish materials, but it's going to be close enough that you can live with it. Another advantage of ordering from the deal, if it's not right when you get it, it's up to them to make it right and you are stuck trying to return a custom item.
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote