Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-21-2012, 04:31 AM   #1
Casca20

Am I missing something?

A few weeks back I picked up my new 303TG. After getting it home my wife and I started packing up for our first trip. As I was explaining the different storage options to her. I lifted the lid for the storage area under the bed. When I did both hydraulic arms locked in the up position and would not retract. I had to unhook them just too get the bed back down. I looked for some sort of release button but came up with nothing. Any thoughts?
Casca20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
35mastr

There is no release. You may need to push down harder. If it still wont close. The arms may need to be relocated to a different angle so that they will funtion properly.
35mastr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 08:14 AM   #3
lorax614

Ours are really stiff, I really have to reef on the platform hard to close it. Then it snaps closed with some force. We have to be careful when opening so as to not get hit with it in the face.
Old 10-21-2012, 10:23 AM   #4
Mighty Ming

Took my struts off as they were doing the same...we don't keep anything in there that we use often. Got tired of repairing the mounting support area. Poor design. Some owners have modified this area with doors and or opened it up completely. check within the search forum to see what they've done. Good luck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 01:00 PM   #5
Casca20

Thanks for the replies. I did see some of the mods for this area and plan to try one of them out. This is my first RV of any type so a lot of the operational things are all new too me. Guess ill learn on the fly.
Old 10-21-2012, 02:28 PM   #6
Mighty Ming

Careful with this site. 1- it's addicting. 2 - all the mods and ideas will keep you busy. 3- all the mods and ideas will keep you busy etc etc wealth of Ido here.

Go Padres!!
Mighty Ming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #7
Casca20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mighty Ming View Post
Careful with this site. 1- it's addicting. 2 - all the mods and ideas will keep you busy. 3- all the mods and ideas will keep you busy etc etc wealth of Ido here.

I've heard from a good friend of mine (60av8er) that its not just this site that can be addicting! But it's RV'ing in general. He and his wife have owned several but have moved up in size a few times. Their the reason we bought the 303TG for our first TT. When we first started talking about buying one my wife and I were thinking about something much smaller! But thanks to his experience we decided to get what we wanted the first time! At least until my wife sees the inside of a class A.
Old 10-21-2012, 09:10 PM   #8
golfpro

when I decided to replace the mattress with a house mattress, it was too heavy for the struts to operate at all. So I went to the rv dealer and bought a table leg that folds and installed it, plus installed an out door porch lite under the bed. now I just swing out the leg and lock it in place and turn on the light to see what I'm looking for. any way, it works for me
golfpro is offline   Reply With Quote