Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-05-2011, 07:06 PM   #1
campingjt

Sewer waste line question

We currently own a Keystone Bullet that sits low to the ground. In addition to that, our sewer line is not easily accessible. This makes it difficult to drain the gray/black tanks. I have to put a board on the ground and almost lay down to get under the camper to put my waste hose on. Does anyone have any ideas on how extend the sewer waste line under my camper so I don't have to lay on the already nasty ground??? I am hoping it will be a permanent fix, so I can just attach my hose, drain and go! Let me know.....Thanks!
campingjt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 07:36 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

You might want to try this.....
Cut off the existing end adapter/fitting. Glue on a suitable pipe connector which can be obtained from Home Depot or any other similar place. To this connector, glue on an appropriate length of pipe long enough to be accessible but not extending beyond the outside edge of the RV. To this extension, get a new adapter similar to the one you cut off and glue it to the extension. Instead of the same coupler valve, you can add different kinds of valves and fittings. See CW catalogue for types available. Just make sure that all of your "add ons" don't extend beyond the edge of the camper. (You might want to dry fit all of the pieces before you glue them on).
Old 06-05-2011, 10:31 PM   #3
hankaye

campingjt, Howdy;

Here's a link that should help...

http://www.valterra.com/RV/rv-main.htm

Try looking thru the items ain the top set of pixs. Those are adapters that will extend your plumming. Then call a local RV parts house to order one for you.

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2011, 06:39 PM   #4
campingjt

Thank you everyone

Thank you for all your suggestions. We will check these options out and hopefully this should solve our problem! Thanks again.
campingjt is offline   Reply With Quote