Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 07-08-2015, 08:06 AM   #1
rwmurphy15

Camper Issues

Hope everyone is having a great summer. I purchased a 2013 fusion 301 toy hauler 1 1/2 years ago. And I read the keystone rv forum every day. I have noticed all the problems and issues people have had with all the keystone models they make. But a rarely ever see problems with the Fuzion line of Rv's it always all the other models. My wife and I were at the Hershey RV show 2 years ago and we had a set down talk with the factory rep. He told us that out of all the models Keystone makes he garrenteed the Fuzion line would have the least build and quality issues because he worked in the production line at the factory and they were told to check and double check all there work to make.sure the work was done right the first time. So we purchased a Fuzion and never had a problem with anything major. I searched on the forum for Fuzion issues, problems etc and found very little. I can't understand why one keystone factory can build a good rv and another keystone factory can't put 2 pipes together. I understand not everyone wants a toyhauler. But I can see the good quality in my Fuzion compared to other keystone models I looked at.
Old 07-08-2015, 03:11 PM   #2
LuvsPalmTrees

That is great. We really have not had any problems with our Laredo either. I still think it really depends on your Dealer. Either way I love my TT and enjoy every trip we take in it.
LuvsPalmTrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 04:52 PM   #3
scott24

We bought a 2015 Passport 2250RB last August. Not a single problem. Very nicely built.
Old 07-08-2015, 05:22 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

We had a 2011 Springdale 242 fifth wheel, had no problems with it after the refrigerator was replaced. That was a Dometic problem, not a Keystone problem. We'd probably still have it had it not been for a falling oak tree that destroyed it. Our replacement is a 2014 Cougar XLite 27RKS. The air conditioner leaked Freon and had to be replaced and the Lippert remote control receiver malfunctioned and required replacement. Neither of those problems were Keystone issues. Otherwise both of our Keystone products have been problem free. If we do replace the Cougar, unless something dramatic should happen, it will be with another Keystone product.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:02 PM   #5
gearhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwmurphy15 View Post
Hope everyone is having a great summer. I purchased a 2013 fusion 301 toy hauler 1 1/2 years ago. And I read the keystone rv forum every day. I have noticed all the problems and issues people have had with all the keystone models they make. But a rarely ever see problems with the Fuzion line of Rv's it always all the other models. My wife and I were at the Hershey RV show 2 years ago and we had a set down talk with the factory rep. He told us that out of all the models Keystone makes he garrenteed the Fuzion line would have the least build and quality issues because he worked in the production line at the factory and they were told to check and double check all there work to make.sure the work was done right the first time. So we purchased a Fuzion and never had a problem with anything major. I searched on the forum for Fuzion issues, problems etc and found very little. I can't understand why one keystone factory can build a good rv and another keystone factory can't put 2 pipes together. I understand not everyone wants a toyhauler. But I can see the good quality in my Fuzion compared to other keystone models I looked at.
A salesman that worked on the production line? I don't know. Salesman and work usually don't mix too good.lol
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
2023 CanAm Defender SXS
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #6
rwmurphy15

Gearhead,
Maybe that's how you become a factory rep when you can't make the cut on the production line.
Old 07-09-2015, 02:28 AM   #7
crash

Very little problems with our Raptor ,We love this unit and have around 15,000 miles on it now
2008 F350 chipped and bagged 6.4 power stroke crew cab 4x4.2013 384pk Raptor (Gravy Train) 2006 Fatboy w/18inch ape hangers,2006 883c sporty,Army wife Kim,Cocoa (The Boarder Collie) and Rebel (The English Bulldog) (THE RICH RAGE WAR,BUT ITS THE POOR THAT DIE)
crash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:02 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

HUM The board room meeting.You Fussion guys build the good ones the rest of you build the junk. Don't think that's they way it goes!. only had the fridge recall and the frame support recall on the Montana other that that it has been a fine unit. Most sales staff can trace there family tree back to Papa Gepeto
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 05:26 AM   #9
Alpine

We've been full-timers for two years & three months and have loved everyday of it! Gotta give a shout out to our Alpine for good times had by all. The build quality has to be fairly great as it has 55,000 miles of U.S. freeways, highways, byways, some not so great back roads and nothing has fallen apart or broken *knocks on wood*!!!

Of course we upgraded the tires and wheels as we knew starting off the 'tires' from the factory were not up to the tasks of the type of mileage we would be doing.

I enjoy reading "other name brands" of RV Fourms as well, and no others are without the same problems as we read here. So the old saying "you get what you pay for" dosen't always apply when talking RV's.

Jeff & Jan - Retired & Full-timing since 2013
2019 Ram Big Horn 3500 Aisin 4x4
2012 Alpine 3450-RL
Double Coin 235/75R-17.5/16 J rated 125lb
Alpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 12:54 PM   #10
Rex1vt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine;17have love8380
We've been full-timers for two years & three months and 55,000 miles of U.S. freeways, highways, byways, .
I see you are a junior member,looks like you have earned your wings to the next level.
Rex1vt is offline   Reply With Quote