Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 06-29-2015, 10:41 AM   #1
Steve S

We all have problems

On another site that I still get daily updates from I noticed that we all seem to have the same issues.
Here's todays list.

Blowout Concerns! How Scared Should I Be?
Help Us Feel Better About Slides
How To Gravity Fill Fresh Water Tank Vibe 268 RKS
Do You Make Reservations?
Batteries Will Not Work
Roo 233S - No Power
Maiden Voyage With The Bike
Red Switch Near Black Flush
Rockwood HW276 Information? Mainly Height For Storage.
Battery Smoking And Smelling Rotten Eggs
Propane Duration On Generator
Considering Upgrading From A FR3 To A Georgetown
8310SS Bounces When Walking
Motor To Hitch Is Not Working
Domestic Frig Fan Mod / 2001 FR 1610
Changing The Oil On My 35bh Coachmen Mirada..lol
Leaking And Losing Water Fast. Help?
Where To Store The Sewer Hose On A Sunseeker?
Remote For Awning And Lights And Slides
Dometic Refrg Pilot Light Won't Stay Lit
ProPride On A Signature Ultra Lite TT
AC Will Not Stay Running...
What Is The Button For In This 2015....
Where Is My Inside Water Heater Switch?
Water Leak Around Refrigerator
What Items Can Be Used While AC Is Running At Campsite .
New To Forum New To Us Sunseeker
Why Do People Feel The Need To Knock Weekend Campers?
Need Reassurance Please. Time Sensitive.
Annoying Rattle & Other Questions
Refrigerator Work Better With Computer Fans
Family RV Parks In Texas
Old 06-29-2015, 10:44 AM   #2
Seabee

Damn all of us and our First-World problems!
Old 06-29-2015, 10:49 AM   #3
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seabee View Post
Damn all of us and our First-World problems!
Yeah it's a tough world we live in.
Old 06-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #4
Festus2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve S View Post
On another site that I still get daily updates from I noticed that we all seem to have the same issues.
Here's todays list.
Steve -
How comforting it is to read that all RV's have problems
After reading the comments of a small, but vocal, minority, I thought it was just Keystone owners who have issues.

I feel better now knowing that we are not alone.
Old 06-29-2015, 11:05 AM   #5
cw3jason

Nope, not alone. I belong to Crossroads family forum. Same complaints. Worst costumer service ever. Faded front caps, water leaks. They are all the same

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
B&W Patriot 16k fifth wheel hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:21 AM   #6
chuckster57
Site Team

Work on them for a while...I've seen issues in everything from a $9,000.00 trailer to a $500,000.00 class A.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:26 AM   #7
JRTJH
Site Team

Sad part (or maybe not) is that it doesn't matter if it's an "entry level" "mid level" "luxury level" or the "obscenely priced level" the complaints are all the same. Airstream has complaints that mirror Keystone from customer service to "my dealer....." (you can fill in the blank).....

We all talk about how much automobile manufacturing has improved in the past 20 years, yet if you go to any automobile forum, you'll hear the same complaints of poor customer service and "my dealer....." (you can fill in the blank).

It's reassuring to know that if we're not complaining about "customer service" and "my dealer....." at least we can "complain that the complainers complain about....." (you can fill in the blank)............

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 11:36 AM   #8
Steve S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Festus2 View Post
Steve -
How comforting it is to read that all RV's have problems
After reading the comments of a small, but vocal, minority, I thought it was just Keystone owners who have issues.

I feel better now knowing that we are not alone.
I just feel better now that when people say that Keystone is junk and they'll buy from others that they'll still have the same issues.
Like I say about everything I own that if you take good care of it then it'll take good care of you.
Old 06-29-2015, 12:22 PM   #9
zuley

I get a little scared and apprehensive when I read the posts talking about the problems people have with their campers. Touch wood, we have not had any issues with our camper or our dealer. But after reading various posts talking about quality I'm waiting for something to break or go wrong because if you listen to the nay sayers long enough something will surely go wrong. I've got to stop reading the negative posts. Perhaps a glass half full attitude rather than a half empty attitude. It was once said to me by a very smart man, someone I respect very much... negativety breeds negativety.
zuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:42 PM   #10
Steve S

Let's say for one moment that if we took out our fridges, stoves, water heaters, AC units and furnaces out then that would eliminate 95% of our problems and the other 5% would be Keystones problems correct?
I think that people need to realize that Keystone doesn't make these products they just buy them and install them and yes there's a few that have problems. Educating yourself with each unit and running them for a good few days before a trip can save ones self alot of headaches. Also in the off time run everything, hell even live in it for a couple of days as these units can't sit idle and need to be used.
Also keep a good eye on your batteries as some trailers require the batteries for their braking systems.
Old 06-29-2015, 02:00 PM   #11
JRTJH
Site Team

Every airplane I've flown, every truck I've driven, every RV I've owned has had a "distinct personality" some have a "cold back end" some won't accelerate until they warm up, others won't shift if you don't do certain things, some won't trim for level flight, some have a touchy accelerator, some have a "crackle in the radio volume control at a certain place in the dial, and yes, some have a thermostat that you have to set to 62 before it will cool down to 72....

Point is, no two are built exactly the same and seldom do they operate the same. Those quirks aren't a manufacturer's defect, they are "personality". Get used to you equipment's "personality" and use it to your advantage.

I agree with you, Steve. Very little of the "actual RV" is built by Keystone, most of it, from front cap to frame, axles and rear cap and everything in between are "simply installed by Keystone. They, in most situations, do a great job of "tying all the ends together" but do occasionally miss something. Hopefully the dealer catches it before the customer even knows it exists, but if not, that's why we have a warranty.

And, in closing, any airplane that sits for 30 days without power will start dumping hydraulic fluid on the tarmac, just so you have to pay attention to it. They do get lonely as a part of their "personality" I suppose. My Cougar doesn't like it much if I ignore it for weeks on end either...... It lets me know by way of dead batteries, dry batteries, smelly holding tanks, dried valves or just that "musty, you've been ignoring me" smell when I open the door.......

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #12
hankaye

Howdy All;

In the US Navy there is a saying; "A Bitching Sailor is a Happy Sailor"
Using that as a barometer I'd say we be some of the HAPPIEST folks
there is! , ...

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:18 AM   #13
SAABDOCTOR

Oh sooooo many problems the only cure isThere is only one thing that is perfect! and we don't talk about that on this forum. If it is made by man it is bound to have an issue! like it has been said Take care of it it will take care of you!
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:48 AM   #14
Seabee

Problems? I don't want to hear about your problems! Everybody's got problems! My momma got problems she just lost her leg! My cousin Pookie just lost a testicle! My dog just threw up somebody's finger! That's a problem!

Ricky Bobby makes me laugh.
Old 06-30-2015, 01:43 PM   #15
wesaysoracing

I had a trim screw come loose on the refrigerator this weekend, i was so upset about keystones quality that it messed my whole camping experience up,
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 02:19 PM   #16
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wesaysoracing View Post
I had a trim screw come loose on the refrigerator this weekend, i was so upset about keystones quality that it messed my whole camping experience up,
I can so well relate with your experience. We had a smudge on a window last week, every time I looked out it, it just made the entire trip seem, well... "lost"...... How could such a travesty be offset by a functional trailer that has been dragged more than 10,000 miles? It simply can't compare to the "heartbreak" caused by that smudge. And to top it all, my dealer can't work me in until next week, even if I agree to pay extra...

What was Keystone thinking when they made windows you can actually touch and leave fingerprints ?????????????

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
Old 06-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #17
wesaysoracing

Oh no the dreaded window smudge, I think they should double our money back , shoot the QC manager, close the plant down , give us lifetime warranties,( wont be long for me if i keep pestering my GF)
wesaysoracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 05:04 AM   #18
jsmith948

YEAH!!!!! What they said. AND, what about those darned Robertson screw heads being full of dirt/dust all the time. Do you know how long it takes to clean them all every time I get to camp.....not to mention that I have to get the DW to hold the light because I don't want the Ranger to catch me cleaning the trailer in the campground

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 07:44 AM   #19
Steve S

Oh and let's not forget about the Polar package that's just coroplast and dead air! Lol
Boy did I ever fall for that bs! All fixed now though and I still have the stickers on the trailer as it's a wonderful conversation piece
Old 07-01-2015, 08:50 AM   #20
KanTC

Yes, and when at our lowest, we can always cast aside our RV issues [like window smudges & etc] and resort to this:
Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	11083894_820603601328061_3873977491332834858_n.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	31.4 KB
ID:	8953  
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote