Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2015, 06:08 AM   #1
Steveracer

Problem filling fresh water tank 361lev

2010 raptor 361lev, could never get fresh water tank full, tried filling tank slow and fast. We where always running out of water and gauge was always empty, I thought I had a gauge problem and a water pump problem. Well I tried filling fresh water tank again and then drained tank to see how much water was in tank it acted like it was full of water running back out gravity fresh water fill, only to find out maybe 30gal of water in tank. Vent line was also open, not problem. Next I jacked up right side of camper removing wheels and letting suspension hang. Then dropped the belly pan (hard plastic sheet under camper) removed screws across back and up the right side of camper to the water fresh water fill location. What I found was fresh water fill tube was sagging down like a big water house trap, looked as if they missed clamping the fresh water fill line to floor frame braces in the spot it sagged in. The clamp was there, hose was not in clamp (built on Monday or Friday lol).Refastened fresh water fill line to clamps pulling extra slack up threw floor to fresh water fill connection. I can now fill fresh water tank fast or slow and tank level sensor work, because I am actually getting water into tank. Now I know why sensors showed empty and water pump would not pump because it was empty lol. Put everything back together adding new spray foam around the areas that had it previously on belly pan sealing gaps making it look like factory again. Maybe this would help if someone ever experienced this type of problem.
Old 06-02-2015, 12:10 PM   #2
maxx1963

I had very similar/the same problem on my Fuzion. I have 2 fresh tanks and the fill line not only sagged, but had a "T" in it to fill both tanks at once. Well, the straight part of the "T" went from the fill to the first tank with sensors, the second tank only got about 1/2" of water in it but the gauge said full. So I removed the "T", bought 2 matching factory fillers off ebay and now I fill each tank separate. It looks bone stock and I know they are full! My water pump line was kinked very hard and the water always spit and sputtered, so a new line solved that problem. But it has a "T" also to draw off both tanks at once, well the line to the front tank from the "T" was like 6" long and like 4' to the rear so needless to say it used the front tank first then just sucked air and would not pull from the second tank, so back under and made the lines equal length and finally my water system works as it should have from the factory!!!

2005 2500HD CCLB Duramax. LBZ mouthpiece, factory CAI mod, Diamond eye "quiet" downpipe back exhaust/ Reese elite under bed rail hitch
2008 Fuzion 362
2008 KFX 700
2007 Yamaha Wolverine(wife's)
2002 Suzuki LT-A50(daughter's)
1995 Yamaha G14 golf cart
maxx1963 is offline   Reply With Quote