Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-01-2013, 05:05 AM   #1
phenrichs

1 year old and decals peeling

I couldn't believe yesterday when I noticed that the decals on the front of my 2012 Sprinter 311BHS are beginning to peel. I guess I didn't wax enough. I am bringing her home Saturday to prep for the season. Guess I will break out some heavy glue then wax it well.

Is there anything that y'all have found to work better?
phenrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:06 AM   #2
phenrichs

I wonder if I should clear coat the front of it after gluing it back down.
phenrichs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 05:32 AM   #3
x96mnn

Not sure if this is correct but what I do and yes its a pain in the you know what. Wax on the decals is not supposed to be good for it. There is vinyl protect and shine you can buy separately to help protect the vinyl. I wax the trailer but not the decals, some people go as far to tape them off.

This is something I was told by my car dealer on how to protect the decals on my RT. That stated wax will dull and cause peeling.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 01:19 PM   #4
Ronmc

I just picked up our 2014 Outback 316RL a couple of weeks ago, and I ask the same questions about the decals peeling. I had read on this site that people were having trouble with them. The dealer told me to never use wax on them to avoid that problem.
Old 05-01-2013, 01:41 PM   #5
rode2nowhere

What about the spray on rv type wax you just rinse off?
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:04 PM   #6
x96mnn

I was told no wax unless it was for vinyl. There is something in wax that dries our the decals is how they explained it.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 08:34 PM   #7
rllwilson

Unhappy Decals peeling

I wish my peeling decals had been as easy as wax. My experience with Keystone no customer service had nothing to do with wax. I had only washed the unit with RV wash/wax purchased from the dealer, but the decals are falling off on the side that gets the most sun, but not all are falling off. I was told after being sent to 2 different decal manufacturers that "I could purchase new decals from the dealer". This is a quality control problem, that needs to be hammered to both Keystone and the dealer. Read further into the posts and you will see that for a while Keystone was replacing them and although the problem remained, they have now taken a hard line and refused to assist with a unit that I have owned for less than two years that has just been out of warranty for 9 months and used only 5 times. There are decals right next to each other where on is just curling and falling off and the one that butts next to it is just like new. Got the railroad through Keystone and was transferred to 4 different people. I love my trailer and can't stand how shabby it looks. Best of luck to you.
rllwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:30 AM   #8
slewis95407

I'm a full timer. Wash often, wax once a year (not on decals), and 303 protectant on the decals. I've had this unit for three years and no problems.

Scott

Fulltimer
2011 Cougar 326MKS
1997 F250 Reg. Cab. 7.3L
slewis95407 is offline   Reply With Quote