Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-04-2013, 03:21 PM   #1
irene l

Leak in 2012 sprinter

We have had rain for about 12 hours today and I have discovered a wet area under the emergency exit window in the bedroom. There was water there another time, but I had thought it had something to do with DH's CPAP machine. Now I know better. Anyone else have trouble with this sort of leak? We bought this trailer in June 2012 and are wondering if this would be covered by any kind of warranty.
irene l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:39 PM   #2
rode2nowhere

I am sure it would be under warranty, contact your dealer where purchased.
rode2nowhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:44 PM   #3
wbatto

My Sprinter leaked

We had a 2010 Sprinter 297 RET it leaked in the window in one of the tip-outs. I checked the roof and found a very small hole close to the edge of the tip-out side. The hole was only about the size of a pencil lead and hard to see becouse it looked like a piece of dirt. The window only leaked when it rained alot. I cleaned the roof and fixed it and we never had a problem with the leak again.

Good luck and hope you find it sometimes its a little nerve racking finding a leak.
wbatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #4
x96mnn

If bought new in June of 2012 it should have a yer warranty. I bought mine in 2012 and have warranty until June 2013.
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2013, 07:22 PM   #5
threejaws

I have a 2012 sprinter 308bhs and I had a hose coming off the pump leaking. It has pressure fittings and not hose clamps. It got the carpet wet beside the bed and under the cabinet door.
threejaws is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 02:19 AM   #6
irene l

We had the pump looked at and although one of the fittings needed to be tightened, that did not seem to be the source of the leak. The rv tech looked all over the roof on the end front of the camper and resealed some of the places that might leak, but said that in fact everything looked good. We did have a call from a Keystone rep who said we should keep pursuing the problem and let them know what happens, taking pictures to show the damage. We have been on the road since January 15th this trip and will not be back near the dealer until May 20. The rep said to go to the dealer if we can't get it fixed, but a lot of rain can do quite a bit of damage until then.
irene l is offline   Reply With Quote