Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 06-09-2013, 02:22 PM   #1
Bob Landry

Weekend Project

The Diamond Tread box on the back of my Outback is where my air compressor lives, along with X-Chocks, screw jacks, and various a-sundry items. In order to use the air compressor, I had to run an extension cord from the back of the trailer to the outlet by the entry door. I installed an electrical box inside the diamond tread with a standard outlet, but split the hots and put one of them on a switch so I can turn the compressor on and off without having to mess with an extension cord. The other outlet in the box is always hot so I can run a power tool back there if I want to. I tied into one of the outlets behind the swivel rockers, pulled the Romex through a hole in the floor which was already there for shore power and out between the coroplast to the box.

I discovered something new while I was checking the power to the outlet to make sure it was dead. It appears that the non GFCI outlet are wired off of the water heater breaker, or was it the microwave. Anyway it wasn't on a breaker that I would have expected it to be on. I really wish Keystone would turn loose with an electrical diagram so we would know exactly how these things are wired.

Also, for those who wonder where Keystone skimped and cut corners, it wasn't on hardware. That little table between the rockers was put in with 16 screws.

Bitter Gun Owner
Bitter Clinger
Armed Infidel
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote