Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 08-11-2010, 06:08 PM   #1
lonewolf

Question Party Lights

Hi guys I have a 1999 Sprinter and what I am trying to do is get my marker lights to burn when I am on site not hooked to my truck. I have the wire that jumps pin 3 which is the battery to the pin that is for the marker lights. I have tried to get this to work but it just won't. Is there some kind of safety installed on the Keystone models that will not let me do this? My lights work fine when hooked to my ride so I am at a loss.

Thanks for looking.

lonewolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 06:25 AM   #2
Flyguy

At the junction box where the trailer electric cord terminates (that which plugs into your TV, it's usually located under the trailer tongue for TT's) jumper the green wire to the black wire THRU A CUTOFF SWITCH and only connect this when you want to light the running lights WITH THE TV DISCONNECTED. Do not travel with this connected!! It should be pins 3 and 4. If it doesn’t work like this, come off the + 12v battery terminal thru the switch to the green wire (I see no reason for that not to work).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Trailer Wiring Diagram.jpg
Views:	151
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	132  
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 07:40 PM   #3
Stargazer

You know, they should really make something like this a standard feature. At least to have the ability to turn on the trailer hazard lights without being connected to the vehicle.

This summer during our trip to Minneapolis, we had a wheel-bearing failure and had to pull onto the side of the I-90. Since it was going to be almost an hour for the tow truck to arrive, I unhooked our vehicle to take my wife and kids somewhere safe. While I was away it would be nice to be able to keep the trailer hazards on to warn other drivers. I just don't know how soon they noticed the emergency triangle I put out.
Stargazer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 07:27 AM   #4
JSSML

I got this to work last week on my 2011 Passport 2910. I used a 15 amp car/RV fuse. look at the top of your plug going to your tow Vehicle. you will have the nipple. place the bridge the fuse between the pins on either side of the nipple. Not sure what pins they are. but it works great.
JSSML is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 12:49 PM   #5
cdevill

Also keep in mind you won't have flashing Hazard lights, just lights on. You'd have to rig up some sort of flasher relay like a car/truck has and hook that to the brake light terminal in the 7 pin. Then you could have all lights on AND the flashers too.
cdevill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:34 PM   #6
hankpage
Site Team

I use the LED flashers on the bikes on the bike rack. They are pretty annoying but they are noticeable from a distance and don't run the battery down.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote