Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 07-25-2012, 08:58 AM   #1
PenMan

Interested In Sprinter 300KBS

Hi,

New forum member here. We currently have a Rockwood Roo hybrid but I want to get away from having to set up the bed ends all the time and we really want a king size bed. So, we are considering buying a 300KBS but it is a long drive to see one. May I ask some questions please?

1. The website shows them as having a 17" oven. When they say 17" oven, is that the inside width or the outside width? In our current Rockwood Roo hybrid and they call it a 21" oven but the inside is really 15.5" wide.

2. Could you tell me the dimensions of the king size bed? Also, it looks like a lot of room between the side of the bed and the bathroom wall. Is it really that roomy? (that would be great)

3. How wide is the toilet room? (I'm a big guy)

4. Could you give me the dimensions of the shower?

5. I would definitely upgrade from the 13.5k BTU A/C to the 15k. Is that enough to keep it cool on a hot day or would you recommend adding a second A/C?

Thanks for any help.
PenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 10:55 AM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

PenMan -
I think that most members would agree that, with a unit of that size, and if you are planning to spend time camping in areas with high summer temps, then adding a 2nd A/C is the best route to go. If you do add the 2nd A/C, not sure whether it would be necessary to upgrade to a 15K or whether two 13.5's would be sufficient.
Other members who live and camp in the heat would give you the best advice.

Sorry, I'm not familiar enough with that Sprinter to answer any of the other questions but others will chime in and help you out.
Old 07-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #3
OhhWell

We have an older (2008) 299bhs that is about the same size internally and the 13.5 AC unit kept it at 74deg over the 4th of july weekend in Sanibel FL as long as we didn't leave the door open much. It ran non-stop but it was very cool and comfortable and our spot had no shade at all.

I doubt a 2nd AC unit would be necessary but if concerned, an upgrade to a 15,000btu AC wouldn't be overkill.
Old 07-26-2012, 08:38 AM   #4
KanTC

PenMan,

Hopefully the 300KBS owners will chime-in soon & give you specific answers... but, in the meantime:

This ad shows some good photos of the bedroom & bath...
http://www.dandyrv.com/rv/anniston+a...printer+300kbs

1. Suburban & Atwood both manufacture 17" & 21" RV ranges/ovens... 17" is the exterior width.

2. Our previous Keystone had a 'king' bed, which actually measured 70"x80"... more recent models may
have a residential king mattress though. It appears from the photo (#18 in link above) that there's
at least 12" (or a bit more) on each side of the bed.

3. Toilet rooms aren't very spacious on most trailers... only about 27"-28" wide (elbow room) x 38"-39"
in length. Some might be a tiny bit bigger, but not more than an INCH or so!

4. Neo-angle RV showers are typically 32" (measuring from the back corner, to the left, right & center).
There are larger ones (36") but they're usually advertised as such.

5. Most definitely upgrade to the 15K btu A/C. Depending on where you live in NM, & where you typically
camp/travel... I'd also consider adding a 2nd A/C. Of course, the trailer will require 50 amp service
for 2 A/C units. If you boondock (dry camp), running 2 A/C units will require a bigger generator too.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2012, 03:26 PM   #5
PenMan

Thanks for the info. It sure would be nice if they had someone hold a yardstick when they take the pics. Or better yet, maybe they'll have one at the RV show in Albuquerque this weekend. Can't go till Sunday pm but at least I'll get to go.
PenMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 09:33 PM   #6
stormy2000

sprinter 300 KBS

Don't know if you already got the sprinter, my wife and I just got approved on our loan and we will be picking up the 300 KBS within a week : ) we were in the demo and the 15K a/c was good, it was set at 72 deg and it was really nice (we live in FL) and outside was 92 deg.
looked at the oven and did not measure but knew it was 17 inches. will be able to add more once we pick it up.

bill & jodi
stormy2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2012, 07:05 PM   #7
SJC

Sprinter 300KBS

Hello, how's your sprinter 300KBS? Hope you enjoy it! I am also looking at Sprinter 300KBS.
SJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 05:08 PM   #8
stormy2000

keystone sprinter 300 KBS

We love our sprinter, it is very nice, we put it in temp storage and are getting things sold/given away as we prepare for our full-timing : ) I visit the trailer every other day and go over the various components to look it over and go over the trailer since this is our first.

To answer penman, the oven is 17 inches so we might end up out sourcing our turkey : ) but other wise looks good enough for what we do. and there is the microwave to help out.

the toilet room seemed large enough to handle unless your shaq o neil, and the shower had room enough to move around and is over 6' in height, as the ceiling vent is up there to give light and little more extension on height.

this sprinter came with the 50 amps and upgraded a/c 15K and wired for second a/c. it is ducted thoughout and provided good air.

the bedroom is very roomy which is the main point that my better half fell in love with it. lots room to move around, and the wardroom is huge and there is a good size storage under the bed which also leads to a door which you can access from outside.

the dresser facing the bed is a good size and we are bringing our 32' flat screen with us and will be placing it there.

the bed is king size and very large, in fact its larger than our queen in our house : )

oh the loveseat in the living room opens up to a double bed, air mattress,

hope that helps, write if you need other info.

bill & jodi
Old 10-14-2012, 03:38 PM   #9
Bob and Kathy

Hello Penman and Bill & Jodi,

We have done 3 years of research on what kind of RV is right for us. We began planning on a fifth wheel, but realized that this would have to be "down the road" from now. We have settled on a Keystone Sprinter 300KBS. I (Kathy) fell in love with the front kitchen as well as the huge bedroom. We visited our Keystone dealer several times to look at the different Sprinters, and I could not get past that front bedroom that are in most of them (just my personal taste...not dissing anyone else).

We are planning on picking ours up (in Pennsylvania) in February of 2013. Then we are planning on heading down to Georgia with it for a couple of weeks. I sure hope the weather cooperates, or we won't be going anywhere with it until April!

Penman - I actually sat down in the toilet room (since I am not that tiny either), and it had enough elbow room. Many have told us to "try out" the toilet room when we were looking, so we did! We also stood inside the shower....again, enough room for a tall or a rotund person. Believe me....we tried everything. And the Sprinter 300KBS passed our test. We are so anxious to get it and be able to take it south in late winter, and then up to the central PA mountains for the summer.

Bill and Jodi - How are you enjoying your 300KBS? Do you like the front kitchen?

We are first-time campers too - never towed anything or camped in our lives. But we have many friends who camp, and we love going to visit them. Now - they can come visit us!
Bob and Kathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:55 PM   #10
stormy2000

hello,

well haha, what a first day : ) wife loves the trailer, the open space as you come in, the size of the bedroom when the slide is out. lots of cabinets and all of my books did fit : )

oh if you find the heat water bypass (it is optional so don't know if you have one), let me know where it is if you find it : ) thanks much,

have a great time with it and hope all goes good!

bill & jodi