Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-29-2011, 06:02 PM   #1
BevandNorm

Springdale 295RBSS

We've decided to part with our 23 year old 26ft. Layton TT and have purchased a 2011 Springdale 295RBSSR. Can anyone out there give me any tips I should know about? We've never had power stabilizer jacks, auto awning, outside shower, slide out. I'm really nervous yet really excited! Any suggestions or comments will be greatly appreciated!
BevandNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 09:11 AM   #2
captbru

Congrats on new trailer. The rear power stablizer jacks come down togeather, so make sure you have some blocks, wood or plastic to put under them. Make sure they touch about the same time, there is a little wiggle room if one hits first. Read the manual on the elec awning, it's not the same as the old type. Follow the instructions and you won't have problems. If it's going to get windy and hvy rain bring it in, if you go away for the day bring it in. Do not use tie down straps, they can create damage. Outside shower we never use, if you winterize your unit make sure you pay attention to outside shower. The slides you will enjoy, make sure there is enough clearance for them to come out. Read your manual to learn how to bring them in if you lose power or some other problem. I extend and retract the slides with the power cord pluged into the parks power and the plug removed from the truck. The slides will drain down your battries.

Go out and injoy and have fun.
Old 09-30-2011, 03:14 PM   #3
DAF

I own a 2011 Springdale with all the power goodies also. I downloaded the operation & service manuals for the slide, stabilizers and power jack directly from Lippert at:

http://www.lci1.com/

Look under the support heading.
DAF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2011, 04:17 PM   #4
BevandNorm

Thank you both for your info.
BevandNorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2011, 03:46 PM   #5
pinn

I'm like Bev and Norm.I just purchased a new springdale and the responses are good for me also...Good info here.
pinn is offline   Reply With Quote