Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2016, 06:34 PM   #1
lightning79

North and South Dakota question...

Hello friends,

I'm getting ready to start booking my summer of camping this year, and I'm planning on heading down into ND and then SD from Saskatchewan, Canada.

To get to Bismarck, I'd be taking highway 52, and then 83, straight down into the city.

To get to Spearfish, I'd be taking Interstate 94 west to 85, and down into Spearfish.

Any issues with these routes that a single Canadian traveller needs to know? I'd much prefer to stay on major highways and travel in the daytime.

Thanks!

Kevin
Old 03-30-2016, 06:57 PM   #2
rschad

I don't think you will have a problem. I am in Saskatchewan and find that when you cross the border to the US the roads get better (higher population and fewer roads to maintain per taxpayer) so you should be fine. There may be construction but that is everywhere.

Do the Black Hills if you have a chance in South Dakota, worth the time spent.
rschad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2016, 10:56 PM   #3
busterbrown

Quote:
Originally Posted by rschad View Post
Do the Black Hills if you have a chance in South Dakota, worth the time spent.
x2!! Definitely do the Black hills and Custer State Park. You won't be disappointed. Take the 18 mile journey along the Wildlife Loop in Custer SP. You're guaranteed to get up close and personal with some big game all from the convenience of your own vehicle. Have fun.
busterbrown is offline   Reply With Quote