Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2015, 07:30 PM   #1
pinski

Unhappy Raptor Velocity "Bleeding" Decal

Attached is photo of the front of our 2012 Raptor Velocity 300MP. All has been well with the exterior until this winter. We have done the same thing each Fall, clean all the bugs and debris off the entire unit with a mild car wash soap and water, then a through rinse. The unit is always stored with the front facing South.

This winter it appears the decals have started losing their color. They were all black and gray tones. For some reason a brown has appeared to be migrating out of the decal.

I have emailed Keystone for some advice.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Shannon
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0858.jpg
Views:	356
Size:	94.2 KB
ID:	8707  
pinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2015, 07:52 PM   #2
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Mine also starting to brown at the extreme top in spots. Picture looks like there is also white streaking on the front of the nose. What is that?

Did it go from nothing to that pictured in one winter or did you notice some browning before that?

Be interested in what response you get back from Keystone. Any comment from your Dealer?
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 08:55 AM   #3
sw342
Permanent User Ban

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...010#post137010

Thread from about a year ago. You can see my pictures in there. Was also discussed in the toy hauler section on RV net. Was a problem with the printing process of the stickers. Since you have a 2012 also keep an eye on your cap starting to fade.

Ran into a guy and his wife at the storage facility where I keep my trailer. They have a 2012 Montana. Always covered except when being used and 4 weeks at the dealership getting warranty work done. His is fading. Thought he could use his buffer to bring it back. He wasn't aware of the cap problems in certain years. They were not happy to hear the long term outcome to say the least.

They wife had mention they were in Utah last month and saw more than a few trailers that had the stickers turning red or looking like they were rusting. You are not alone.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 07:16 PM   #4
Cnc_hemi

Keystone has a decal replacement policy. Not all units are on the list but I do believe raptors are. Call or email the warranty dept at keystone. They will ask for pics and the vin # so have that ready. Hope this helps. [emoji35][emoji35][emoji35][emoji35] makes me so mad that we pay so much for these things and a simple thing as a decal can't last 2/3 years. Although I do love my fuzion. Mine stays in a barn I built to house it out the weather. It sees no sun or rain except when out camping. I do hope mine doesn't start this. I had a Laredo that the decals faded and peeled off after 2 years and it stayed under a full enclosed shop. The Laredo was not on that list.

LSU TIGER FAN
2013 FUZION 310
2012 GMC 2500 HD SIERRA DURAMAX 6.6L
Cnc_hemi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:29 PM   #5
pinski

Thanks for the replies folks. It did go from no issue to the brown in 1 winter. Some of the white streaking is just water stains that wipe off, other streaks appear to be part of the browning.

I am not aware of the cap fading issue, what is that about? Does the sheen just go away from the white cap?

Still have not heard anything from Keystone.

Thanks

Shannon
pinski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 03:45 PM   #6
therink

It almost appears that someone sprayed a detergent or cleaning chemical on the decals with no water and let it run down and dry. I am just being Devils advocate as that is what Keystone may say based on the photo.
Before you submit any photos to dealer or Keyston, iI recommendthat you clean and wax the cap thoroughly. This will provide a better representation of defects in the decals or any fading of the cap clear coat.

2015 GMC Sierra Denali 3500HD, SRW, Duramax, CC, SB (payload 3700)

https://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/...65/340FBH1.jpg
therink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2015, 07:05 PM   #7
sw342
Permanent User Ban

Is your cap white? Thought it might have been black, but I guess its just one big black sticker. Its the colored caps that are prone to fading.
sw342 is offline   Reply With Quote